PDA

View Full Version : Saw a 550 GT on the highway for the first time!

LondonBlue
03-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Kashrahman and I were driving along on the highway today with kid when Kashrahman notes a black BMW 550 GT come up behind us. Very surprised to finally see one on the road!! We kept up with the car and admired and critiqued it at the same time. We have a 535x GT on order right now for ED pickup in July. We ordered black and this one on the road was black as well. From the front, the car looked as beautiful and stylish as all BMWs do. The back, however, was a bit odd shaped but still overall looks good. At a stop light, Kashrahman rolled down his window and got the attention of the driver. When asked how he liked the car, his response with no hesitation was, "Love it!"

We went to the dealership to pick up some oil and ended up exploring the GT sitting on the lot for 20 minutes. July seems so far away.

car-fan
03-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Kashrahman and I were driving along on the highway today with kid when Kashrahman notes a black BMW 550 GT come up behind us. Very surprised to finally see one on the road!! We kept up with the car and admired and critiqued it at the same time. We have a 535x GT on order right now for ED pickup in July. We ordered black and this one on the road was black as well. From the front, the car looked as beautiful and stylish as all BMWs do. The back, however, was a bit odd shaped but still overall looks good. At a stop light, Kashrahman rolled down his window and got the attention of the driver. When asked how he liked the car, his response with no hesitation was, "Love it!"

We went to the dealership to pick up some oil and ended up exploring the GT sitting on the lot for 20 minutes. July seems so far away.

Just wait until you take delivery of yours...YOU will too, Love It! ;)

Regarding the back of the GT. I had the opportunity to view the rear of my GT from my truck on an extended drive to the west coast of Florida. The amount of people coming along made it necessary to take two vehicles. Anyway, I like the rear alot. It's masculine, and somewhat "otherworldy" looking, especially at night. The rear tail light illumination - or shall we say light signature - is unlike any other BMW. Its like art. Large blown glass tube arrays. Its similar to the 7er but larger, and very different from the the 5er (F10 Sedan).

Just my two cents of course.:thumbup:

Capobranco
03-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Just wait until you take delivery of yours...YOU will too, Love It! ;)

Regarding the back of the GT. I had the opportunity to view the rear of my GT from my truck on an extended drive to the west coast of Florida. The amount of people coming along made it necessary to take two vehicles. Anyway, I like the rear alot. It's masculine, and somewhat "otherworldy" looking, especially at night. The rear tail light illumination - or shall we say light signature - is unlike any other BMW. Its like art. Large blown glass tube arrays. Its similar to the 7er but larger, and very different from the the 5er (F10 Sedan).

Just my two cents of course.:thumbup:

+1 Car-fan hits it out of the park!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2952082/2/istockphoto_2952082-out-of-the-park.jpg

mason
03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Glad to see the words - Love it.