PDA

View Full Version : New Site Sponsor Introduction & Giveaway

James @ Eco Touch
04-01-2011, 10:33 AM
:wave:Hello Bimmerfest members! I'd like to take a moment to introduce our company, as we are a new sponsor of the forums. Eco Touch (http://www.ecotouch.net) manufactures a complete line of premium car cleaning products in the USA. We are based out of New Hampshire and have been in business since 2007. Our line of products include: All Purpose, Carpet + Upholstery, Dashboard Protectant, Leather Care, Metal Polish, Tire Shine, Waterless Car Wash and Window Clear.

As part of our kickoff we will be selecting three members who will receive the following:

Tire Shine & Applicator Pad
Dashboard Protect
Quick Wax
Waterless Car Wash

To qualify, you must be willing to write a review of the products. Simply reply to the thread below "Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!" We will be selecting the three winners Tuesday April 5, 2011. Thanks and good luck!!

https://www.ecotouch.net/product_images/uploaded_images/bimmerfestitems.jpg

BadboyzTn
04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!

fredderf4444
04-01-2011, 11:55 AM

dboy11
04-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review

I have over 30 years in detailing experience..would be interested in your line

Campfamily
04-02-2011, 07:30 AM
Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review.

Keith

jerrykdc
04-04-2011, 06:30 AM
I would like to try the products and write a review - I must warn you though, I will be honest and not just give some flowery review because I got it for free.

Johnz3mc
04-04-2011, 11:04 AM

Wihelm G
04-04-2011, 11:13 AM

Was shopping for a waterless car wash product in December. It had been pretty rainy in El Lay and I had to clean up the E91 and E93 a couple of times a week, in between storms.

Narrowed the choices down to Griot's, ONR (not strictly waterless, of course) and Eco Touch. A review of Eco Touch mentioned a couple of things of concern, i.e., it smeared and streaked, wasn't easy to remove, appeared to remove the existing wax, and, despite a claim of an ingredient that made the paint slick and shiny, water didn't bead up on the finish afterwards.

My assumption at the time was the reviewer may have been blaming the Eco Touch for whatever else he had used on his finish before washing with the Eco Touch, but I didn't want to try it on my dime and eventually went with Griot's. Also, I thought maybe the formula has changed since then, as the review was three years ago. And, to be fair, the product is a wash, not a speed wax, so maybe expectations were unreasonably high.

Whoever you choose to do the review on your giveaway, I'm hoping they credibly specifically address the issues that came up in the AutoGeek review.

James @ Eco Touch
04-04-2011, 12:08 PM

Was shopping for a waterless car wash product in December. It had been pretty rainy in El Lay and I had to clean up the E91 and E93 a couple of times a week, in between storms.

Narrowed the choices down to Griot's, ONR (not strictly waterless, of course) and Eco Touch. A review of Eco Touch mentioned a couple of things of concern, i.e., it smeared and streaked, wasn't easy to remove, appeared to remove the existing wax, and, despite a claim of an ingredient that made the paint slick and shiny, water didn't bead up on the finish afterwards.

My assumption at the time was the reviewer may have been blaming the Eco Touch for whatever else he had used on his finish before washing with the Eco Touch, but I didn't want to try it on my dime and eventually went with Griot's. Also, I thought maybe the formula has changed since then, as the review was three years ago. And, to be fair, the product is a wash, not a speed wax, so maybe expectations were unreasonably high.

Whoever you choose to do the review on your giveaway, I'm hoping they credibly specifically address the issues that came up in the AutoGeek review.

Hi Wihelm. You are correct, the original waterless product we launched several years ago had some streaking/smearing issues. At that time, 'waterless' products were still in their infancy and we were trying to get a feel for what consumers demanded in regards to performance. A lot has changed since then and many improvements have been made to the formula. I hope this helps and good luck with the contest :)

thecushion
04-04-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!,Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!,Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!,Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!
One of each PLEASE!

Swanicyouth
04-05-2011, 03:00 AM
Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review. Thought of trying the stuff any way

Eurohick
04-05-2011, 08:47 AM

James @ Eco Touch
04-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Well folks, the winners were picked last night based on Random.org. Congrats to the following Bimmerfest members!

Johnz3mc

TheCushion

Swanicyouth

I will send you a PM requesting details and we will get your products out. Thanks to everyone else who participated. I am sure we will do more of these as time goes on :)

thecushion
04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
YaYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant wait to try out your products!!!!

ousooners06
04-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Yes, I would like to try Eco Touch products and write a review!!!

Swanicyouth
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Got the products.Quite generous for Eco Touch. Big bottles, a lot of stuff. Stuff looks nice. Can't wait to try them, but it's raining here in PA for the next week. My first impression is the containers/packaging look high quality, but will the stuff be any good? I use Menzerna/Wolfgang detail stuff mostly and am not too into ingredients - just what works. Will keep you posted.

thecushion
04-13-2011, 11:27 AM
I got mine aswell. Nice looking bottles and all the products smell........refreshing. Big 24oz bottles,well packed and fast ship. I will use the products soon and update.

James @ Eco Touch
04-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Nice, glad to hear everything arrived in-tact :) Let's hope this weather on the east coast clears soon...such a tease with the 70 degree weather last week.

Swanicyouth
04-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Eco Touch Review of Products

First off, all products come with very high quality packaging and the sprayers are great. The sprayers have two settings - spray and mist - which I really like. All the products are smell great, and the scent is very mild. They are natural and seem more like cosmetics than car chemicals. That being said they are not perfect. I received four products. The dashboard product I think is my favorite. It goes on very easy and the results look very close to new car clean. The finish is matte and dry. The tire dressing also goes on very clean and the tires look great. My only issue with the tire product may be longevity. We got a huge storm a few days after I applied it and most of it seem to be gone. However, I am still using it because of ease of application, good looks, and lack of "nasty" feeling on my hands when I'm done.
Waterless car wash is a product I don't really need. I have a BSM 08 M Roadster with no swirls and few scratches. I feel washing the traditional way is the best way to go, and any spray and wipe product can scratch a dirty surface. However, I did try their waterless wash on my car shortly after I washed it and it did work well. Didn't streak at all and cleaned the surface well. I also tried it later on one pretty dirty panel and got good results. So, if waterless car wash is for you, check out the Eco Touch product.
Next was the spray wax. This product I had a little bit of an issue with. I found it a little bit streaky on my BSM BMW paint, that being said, the shine was noticeably better on applied area allowed to not applied area. It just took a little spray detailer on a MF towel to even it out. You likely wont notice this on any color but black.

thecushion
05-12-2011, 03:23 PM
My write up is coming soon. Seem as Im in tornado/flood ally this year hear in North East Arkansas.

thecushion
05-23-2011, 03:17 PM
EF-3 here EF-4 there hope Im not next!!

Swanicyouth
05-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Still using the EcoTouch products. Have really grown to love the waterless wash. Do they make a leather product?