PDA

View Full Version : Best MF to use with quick detailer?

drv4show
04-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Is there a type/brand of MFtowel that works best with quick detailer? I had bought some AutoSpa yellow buffing towels----they seem to leave fiber behind. I'll use some MF restore on them---but would like some suggestions on the best towels for the QD post-wash.

Thanks.

Ilovemycar
04-17-2011, 09:11 PM
I like the Cobra towels, but whatever you choose, make sure to wash on cool setting, no dryer, no fabric softener. This will help keep them plush and soft. The Cobra towels do not leave any fiber. The MFs that have left fibers, for me, were always the really cheap stuff.

Johnz3mc
04-17-2011, 10:48 PM
I'll add a +1 for the Cobra line too.
The Cobra Supreme, 530 grams per sq. meter, is a personal favourite and probably the best bang for the buck.
Some suggest the 600 gr/squ. m. might be a little too plush to buff wax but for quick detailing, they'd be a good choice too.
-John C.

DetailDan
04-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Cobra towels are some of the worst I've ever used.

Ilovemycar
04-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Cobra towels are some of the worst I've ever used.

Then what do you recommend? I'd love to see how good your MFs can be if the Cobras are the worst?

I have some 3M, Meguirs, Costco/Zwipes, and others I'm sure, but the Cobras are the best that I have bought so far.

Todd@properautocare.com
05-02-2011, 08:09 AM
I like the Dragon Fiber Magic Towels.

DetailDan
05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Then what do you recommend? I'd love to see how good your MFs can be if the Cobras are the worst?

I have some 3M, Meguirs, Costco/Zwipes, and others I'm sure, but the Cobras are the best that I have bought so far.

PakShak.

Wraith.
05-05-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.autogeek.net/griots-speed-shine-microfiber.html

POof540i
05-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Another vote for Cobra's. The Jr's 600 and the 530 Supremes are some of the best out there.

I haven't tried Pakshak's microfiber, but I hear nothing but good things about them. Chemical Guys makes some decent towels (worth their low cost) and I've also heard great things about Poorboy's microfiber towels.

Any towel you chose should be plush (but not excessively so) soft and have soft edging. They should be maintained using "Ilovemycar" recommendations.

ronkh
05-08-2011, 05:07 AM
Poorboys DMT

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-08-2011, 05:35 PM
I love ones that don't lint at all IMO.

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
P.S. Hi Ron!

ronkh
05-10-2011, 12:04 PM
P.S. Hi Ron!

Hi Ang :)

SmartWaxInc
05-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Another vote for Cobra's. The Jr's 600 and the 530 Supremes are some of the best out there.

I haven't tried Pakshak's microfiber, but I hear nothing but good things about them. Chemical Guys makes some decent towels (worth their low cost) and I've also heard great things about Poorboy's microfiber towels.

Any towel you chose should be plush (but not excessively so) soft and have soft edging. They should be maintained using "Ilovemycar" recommendations.

We will be bringing the CG microfiber towels down for the show. BIMMERFEST 2011 !! :thumbup:

dboy11
05-11-2011, 07:57 AM
to answer your question about what is the better micro fiber towel to use with quick detail spray...Plush or ultra plush

As for the brands there are tons to chose from on the market. I tend to like Poorboys World towels. One thing to consider is the cheaper towels that are not lined will curl on the ends and typically wear out faster, meaning they break down. You will also see them advertised with no "tags" the tags can scratch the finish, however the ones that I have got with tags are very easy to cut off. Lastly just don't buy cheap towels and make sure that you pay attention to washing them, there don't play nice with other towels / materials in the washing machine.