PDA

View Full Version : Shark Injector's Effectiveness

mojosaan
02-24-2004, 12:09 PM
There's a Shark Injector for the X5 3.0. I'm interested but I'm not sure of its effectiveness. Anyone out there Sharked their X5? Any noticable benefits? Thanks.

Emission
02-24-2004, 12:26 PM
There's a Shark Injector for the X5 3.0. I'm interested but I'm not sure of its effectiveness. Anyone out there Sharked their X5? Any noticable benefits? Thanks.

The X5 3.0 weighs 4533 pounds. It has 225 horsepower. Mine does 0-60 in 7.91 seconds (not bad, actually).

Unless you add another 25 horses, you are not going to be able to tell a difference without a stop watch. Trust me on this.

I'd save your money, unless you just want to remove the top speed limiter. You didn't buy the 3.0 for the power - just for the chassis!

mojosaan
02-25-2004, 09:34 AM
Point taken. I'm also interested in the possibility that the Shark Injector will make the X5 run more efficient. I'm not really interested in any HP gains (especially for an SAV), more of an all around more efficient engine than stock.

Emission
02-25-2004, 09:45 AM
Point taken. I'm also interested in the possibility that the Shark Injector will make the X5 run more efficient.

Highly unlikely as BMW wants to get the best possible mileage out of their vehicles for CAFE reasons.

I'd chip a sedan for more power and to remove the limiter. I wouldn't do that to an X5.

To get better mileage, run more tire pressure, and narrower tires! :)