PDA

View Full Version : 2011 550i Dark Graphite wash/polish order

x-fibre
04-18-2011, 06:19 PM
Hello,

I just got a dark graphite F10 and was looking to order all wash/polish parts of my washing/cleaning/polishing routine. I am thinking on getting these, please let me know if I can find any of those cheaper or if I should replace them with something else (or if I'm missing any steps). Thanks.

Dual bucket or two buckets to wash.

Car wash:
Meguiar's/64 oz. Gold Class shampoo and conditioner car wash
9.99 from Autozone

Leather:
Zymol Z509 Leather Conditioner
$8.29 from Amazon

Zymol Z507 Leather Cleaner
$8.98 from Amazon

Outside Rubber:
303 Products Aerospace Protectant
$14.99 from Amazon

Clay bar:
Mothers/16 oz. showtime instant spray detailer, 80 g. clay bar and 4 oz. liquid cleaner wax paint saving system
$18.99 from Autozone

Polish (All Zaino):
Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
$16.95 from zainostore.com

Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
$14.95 from zainostore.com

Z-8 Grand Finale Spray Seal
$19.95 from zainostore.com

AutoZone/8 x 11 in. microfiber knobby wash mitt
$5.99 from Autozone
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AutoZone-8-x-11-in-microfiber-knobby-wash-mitt/_/N-25zq?counter=8&itemIdentifier=830741_0_0_

AutoZone/6 pcs. microfiber ultra soft spa polish towel
$6.49 from Autozone
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/AutoZone-6-pcs-microfiber-ultra-soft-spa-polish-towel/_/N-25zq?counter=7&itemIdentifier=87784_0_0_

Can I clean the leather steering wheel with Zymol, should I use the leather conditioner too?
What about dash, just wet towel?
Should I use any special towels or polishing pads (e.g. Lake Country) or I can just use the Autozone microfiber ultra soft spa polish towel?
Thank you in advance for any tips.

jfs356
04-19-2011, 05:20 AM
Wow. looks like you everything that folks on these forums recommend for a max detail job!

Angelo@properautocare.com
04-19-2011, 06:13 AM
Looks like you got everything to get started, just be careful with the towels after all that hard work and scratch the surface with them. Do the CD test and be sure.

x-fibre
04-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks like you got everything to get started, just be careful with the towels after all that hard work and scratch the surface with them. Do the CD test and be sure.

What is a CD test?

noego
04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
wipe a CD with your towels to determine if they are soft enough to not scratch the CD. no scratches on the CD means no scratches on your car's paint.

x-fibre
04-19-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks! So I can use the plain AutoZone microfiber and polish towels? What do you guys do when you have insects/love birds on the bumper, I want to keep something in my trunk for quick removal ASAP, any suggestions?

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Keep a few MF towels and a bottle of QD. Plan to keep a few extra coats of sealant and some wax on your front end to help in removing them faster and not letting them eat thru the clear before you get the chance to remove them.