PDA

View Full Version : Panorama Roof on X5... Not just a rumor (proof)

Domer
02-24-2004, 04:00 PM
Just wanted to back up a few of the rumors out there about the X5 and the Panoramic roof like the one available in the X3.

I was at the Spartanburg plant for my X5 delivery and asked the tour guide about the roof. She said she didn't think it was coming to the X5. During our tour however, we were in the steel area looking at the skeletons and sure enough a bunch of them had giant cutouts in the roof for the panoramic roof. She was shocked and so was I...

I guess it's not really just a rumor.

Cya!
Tom

SARAFIL
02-24-2004, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to back up a few of the rumors out there about the X5 and the Panoramic roof like the one available in the X3.

I was at the Spartanburg plant for my X5 delivery and asked the tour guide about the roof. She said she didn't think it was coming to the X5. During our tour however, we were in the steel area looking at the skeletons and sure enough a bunch of them had giant cutouts in the roof for the panoramic roof. She was shocked and so was I...

I guess it's not really just a rumor.

Cya!
Tom

No one ever said it was a rumor. BMW "announced" it a few months ago when the '04 X5 first came out and they had the "Guardian Angel" commercials. The car used in the ad had a Panoramic roof, and the disclaimer at the end stated "Panoramic Moonroof Available Spring 2004."

Here we are Spring 2004, and I can officially state that BMW has once again made it "official". One of today's bulletins to dealers includes mid-year changes to the X5, such as the new Panoramic Roof replacing the old one, a new compass in the rear view mirror when you get the self-dimming mirror option, and a new shade of dark green (Highland Green, replacing Oxford).

Domer
02-24-2004, 04:56 PM
Cool... I had never seen it stated in here officially, that's the reason for the post.

bavarian19
02-25-2004, 09:11 AM
Cool... I had never seen it stated in here officially, that's the reason for the post.

It said spring 04, so they should be coming out soon...

Dr. Phil
02-25-2004, 10:19 AM
It said spring 04, so they should be coming out soon...
March production will include it.

JaySpec7
02-26-2004, 07:13 PM
ahh... it was worth the wait!! I'm going to put my deposit finally...

btw.. great site guys!!! :thumbup:

rting
03-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Could not find a used 2004 X5 4.4i in my area :(

One of the local dealer said the panorama roof option is going to be available in April. It is apparaently standard equipment on the 4.4i! More wait or get a new one? :dunno:

Now, let me work on my wife so I can get a new 4.4i and find a few thousand dollar more for my budget. :rofl:

Swiss Pluto
03-23-2004, 12:48 PM
No one ever said it was a rumor. BMW "announced" it a few months ago when the '04 X5 first came out and they had the "Guardian Angel" commercials. The car used in the ad had a Panoramic roof, and the disclaimer at the end stated "Panoramic Moonroof Available Spring 2004."

Here we are Spring 2004, and I can officially state that BMW has once again made it "official". One of today's bulletins to dealers includes mid-year changes to the X5, such as the new Panoramic Roof replacing the old one, a new compass in the rear view mirror when you get the self-dimming mirror option, and a new shade of dark green (Highland Green, replacing Oxford).

Last October I ordered a 2004 X5 3.0D to be (I hope so) delivered before end of next month of April.
Last week I met the dealer to finally conclude money aspects and delivery details.
I was informed about an increase of around Swiss Francs 1,000.- - some Usd 800.- - on the final bill because of the sunroof which is "Panoramic" but I could not have more detailed explanation on this.

Concerning the color paint I had confirmation that it shall be "Oxford Green" as ordered and had no mention on the new shade that you mention as Highland Green.

Let us just wait for some weeks to see the final truth and hope for the best.

Salu !

SARAFIL
03-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Let us just wait for some weeks to see the final truth and hope for the best.

Salu !

Final truth? I work for a licensed BMW dealer in North America, and the info I posted above pertains to US specs (and is confirmed to be true). BMW will be replacing Oxford Green with Highland Green for the US market (it's not at all uncertain). That doesn't necessarily mean it is being discontinued... I'm sure it'll still be available in most other countries. However, the US gets a limited color palette, and Oxford Green will no longer be on it for the X5.

Swiss Pluto
04-01-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi friends,

Took yesterday delivery of brand new X5 3.0D: SPLENDID !

Soon I shall send some pictures to let you appreciate.

Re panoramic sunroof I was informed that car built from month of march shall have this instead of normal sunroff and as a consequence I received the old one without any price encrease, my car production having started on february.
The panoramic sunroff should be very pleasent under mild climate, but I wonder the effect under strong sun in summer just say in southern Spain or Texas: the inner shade must not really be sufficient to keep heat out of car.

For Europe the "Highlander Green" color should be soon available besides old "Oxford Green" which is fantastic, under some low lightinting it looks not really green but a shade of black.

The 275 hp Diesel engine is in fact the same existing three litre with two turbos instead of a single unit as at present. Torque should be 560 nm.
This engine is an evolution prepared fot the Paris-Dakar Rally in which two special X5 cars arrived within the first ten (x-raid.de / english text available).
There is no mention for time being that this engine should fit into X5 but for end of this year it will be available on the BMW 5 series - 4 doors and touring - with 6 speed manual and auto gearboxes.
There is no information about fitting the 3.5 V8 engine to the X5.
Fall of 2007 should be introduced the new X5 which presumably could be larger than present model in order to diferentiate it from X3 which in fact is not much smaller.
It looks like the X7 idea has been shelved.
Just look what Mercedes is doing with the ML, I think that BMW is going along the same philosophy that is with an improved and larger updated model.

Salu

Swiss Pluto

TomG
04-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Hello Everyone :rofl: ! Just wanted to confirm that the Panorama Roof is in production for the X5. The Premium package has gone up in price to compensate for the change ($4100). I ordered a Sterling Grey with Black interior, Sports, Premium, Rear Climate, Nav and the infamous Panorama Roof. I can't wait! It should be ready by the middle of May. To view the Panorama roof go to bmwusa.com. Look for the 360 view and click on the photo of the interior (move the curser up and there it is).