PDA

View Full Version : More questions for Klasse users

unleasHell
04-18-2002, 10:11 AM
I plan to wax about twice a year, it seems to me that if the Klasse All-in-One lasts 6-9 months, I don't really need to apply the Klasse Sealant over it as it will extend the "wax life" to 9-12 months.

Question #1: Does this sound correct or does the Sealant really help the shine or protection?

Or I was thinking about applying some (pure) carnuba wax (which I already have) over the Klasse All-in-One to "tone-down" any of the possible negitives of using a acrylic based wax.

Question #2: has anybody tried this?
or
Question #3: Or has anybody put the Carnuba OVER the Sealant?

Sorry if I'ma pain but I may order the Klasse from different places depending on if I also get the Sealant...

(PS: in case it matters: Car is garaged/cover at night, live in So. Cal. and color is Steel Gray)

eugeneDC/TX
04-18-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by unleasHell
I plan to wax about twice a year, it seems to me that if the Klasse All-in-One lasts 6-9 months, I don't really need to apply the Klasse Sealant over it as it will extend the "wax life" to 9-12 months.

Question #1: Does this sound correct or does the Sealant really help the shine or protection?

Or I was thinking about applying some (pure) carnuba wax (which I already have) over the Klasse All-in-One to "tone-down" any of the possible negitives of using a acrylic based wax.

Question #2: has anybody tried this?
or
Question #3: Or has anybody put the Carnuba OVER the Sealant?

Sorry if I'ma pain but I may order the Klasse from different places depending on if I also get the Sealant...

(PS: in case it matters: Car is garaged/cover at night, live in So. Cal. and color is Steel Gray)

sealant is the shine. AIO is more of a prewax cleaner. no real protection there. the SG is the big part of the protection. nearly everyone at autopia tops their AIO/SG with carnauba with good results.

the thing is you have to be sure about the level of shine, etc you want with the SG cuz once you go carnauba you cant layer anoter SG unless you strip the wax. btw, SG is not a wax but a sealant. basically covering your car in an acrylic cover. i just got my klasse but have been doing research about it for awhile. i would say AIO, SG then wax....

Kaz
04-18-2002, 12:41 PM
If you want to go 6mos, you definitely need to do the SG over AIO. I got a soild 6mos with my garaged car with that combo without any carnauba followup or anything.

trkmedic69
04-22-2002, 08:16 PM
does it make a difference what caranuba you put over the SG?