PDA

View Full Version : Exterior

Geomd1
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I have a 2010 328xi. The dealer recommended zymol cleaner wax for the exterior. Is it safe to use on the plastic bumpers and trim? If not, what is recommended? My car's color is titanium silver metallic. What should I use on the black window trim to keep it clean and looking new? All recommendations are really appreciated.

DetailDan
04-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Dont ever listen to the dealership when it comes to detailing. To protect the paint I recommend Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection. For the rubber trim/ exterior plastic you could use something like 1z Vinyl- Rubber Care, its water based, offers UV protection, and is heat resistant.

The car should probably be clayed/ polished prior to applying the sealant so it can bond properly.

Angelo@properautocare.com
04-20-2011, 05:40 AM
Thank you Dan, follow what he said and you can't go wrong.:thumbup:

Geomd1
04-20-2011, 06:37 AM
So Zymol isn't a good product?

Munich77
04-20-2011, 08:59 AM
I would also follow Dan's recommendation. Without delving too much into details, as a last step product you have either waxes and sealants (artifical waxes). Typically, sealants are much more durable. I have personally used BFWD and I think it is offers a very wax like appearance. The product is awesome as it is easy to apply and last a long time.

Zymol is not a bad wax but there are many better products out there. If you are interested in learning more about the world of detailing, I would suggest checking out autopia and/or autogeek.

dpritchett
04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Zymol is not a bad over-the-counter product - but most people that will respond to you here have moved past that level of product ...