PDA

View Full Version : X3--no CD changer and no Sirius

psycho
02-26-2004, 08:22 AM
My X3 arrived yesterday, and now the dealer tells me there is no CD changer and no Sirius available for at least another month. As a music fan/channel surfer, I'm seriously thinking of declining this vehicle. How can BMW launch a vehicle and not have available something as simple as a CD changer? Not to mention the fact that I purchased the sat radio prep option and that feature is not available, either.

drmwvr
02-26-2004, 08:28 AM
My X3 arrived yesterday, and now the dealer tells me there is no CD changer and no Sirius available for at least another month. As a music fan/channel surfer, I'm seriously thinking of declining this vehicle. How can BMW launch a vehicle and not have available something as simple as a CD changer? Not to mention the fact that I purchased the sat radio prep option and that feature is not available, either.

If all the options you want are available in one month, I would wait unless there are "other" reasons you do not want to accept the car you ordered.

AndDown
02-26-2004, 09:53 AM

Isn't the CD changer a dealer installed option? The changers in the X5 and 3'er I have were installed by me - not a difficult option to DIY. If BMW is now doing only factory-installed changers, that would s**k.

psycho
02-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Just found out that the CD changers are available, but no installation kit is available for another month. The changer now goes in the armrest, not in the trunk. Sirius has no known release date for the X3.

beware_phog
02-27-2004, 12:30 PM
Just found out that the CD changers are available, but no installation kit is available for another month. The changer now goes in the armrest, not in the trunk. Sirius has no known release date for the X3.

That's wierd. I just got an e-mail from BMW stating that Sirius was offering a $200 rebate if you bought an X3 with teh Sirius. $200 covers over a year of the service.