PDA

View Full Version : My 535XI GT Was Stolen and Possibly Totaled

psmatharu2011
04-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Hey Everyone,

I had my GT for a short period of time and loved the car. Only had approx 2500 miles on it. Late last week it was stolen from Menlo Park Mall in Edison NJ when my wife was using my car while I was away in Europe. We are not sure yet how it was stolen but it appears it was damaged a lot. I believe they have caught the person who did it at the scene. Insurance is still investigating and I'm waiting to hear back from the appraiser. I've added some pics. I will keep you all posted.

Thanks.

*dima*
04-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Nightmare pictures.
I feel for you and hope the insurance will come through.

SFO1K
04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Sure looks like the passenger area stayed safe which is a good thing - but what on earth did they do to cause that much damage?
Good luck with your claim and replacement.

Kamdog
04-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Sure looks like the passenger area stayed safe which is a good thing - but what on earth did they do to cause that much damage?
Good luck with your claim and replacement.

Joy riding and crashing for fun.

Or high speed escape attempt gone bad.

psmatharu2011
04-28-2011, 01:10 PM
Got word today that it is totaled...and now the insurance company is trying to figure out the value of the car. They have no 2011 535 Xdrive GT's in the database so lets see what they come up with.

car-fan
04-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Thats just crazy, and hard to look at! How in the world could they have stolen your car, did you and/or your wife have your key(s) with you?

kashrahman
05-01-2011, 10:06 AM
horrible! sorry to hear! any details on how it happened?

SeeYal
05-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Short of an inside job with the dealer,... how can this happen, short of your wife loosing or misplacing the fob,.... even leaving the car unlocked... don't you need to fob to start it? Did she leave it running at an ATM, or gas station????:dunno:

psmatharu2011
05-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Not sure how it was done, sucks big time im out a ton of money rite now. We are waiting for the police report and information from Insurance on what the car will be valued at.

GHOST PROTOCOL
05-15-2011, 04:28 AM
You are probably lucky that your F07 was totaled. Based upon the damage depicted in the pictures, it does not look like you would want it back. I would ask the dealer to give an opinion as to the vehicle's value.

1eighty7
05-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Hopefully you purchased gap the bmw

Sent from my Droid using Bimmer App

mason
05-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Is it a lease or purchase? If leased, don't worry about the gap, you would only lose your down payment. If not, insurance company generally hose the claims in some case.

quackbury
05-27-2011, 11:07 AM
Pretty scary the way both left side wheels "disintegrated". I'm not sure I've seen anything like that with factory alloys. Any idea what the accident was like? Seems weird that they nailed something up front hard enough to deply the airbags and destroy the front end, and side swiped something hard enough to destroy the wheels. How does one do that?

bayoucity
05-28-2011, 07:39 AM
That sucks. I hope you will get a fair settlement considering insurance company will make some decent money salvaging the parts.

JoRo05
09-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I bet it was easy to find the guys that did it, just follow the trail of blood!

jadnashuanh
09-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I bet it was easy to find the guys that did it, just follow the trail of blood!

Passenger compartment was intact...except for maybe a bloody nose from the airbag, the car protected the jerks, so there probably wasn't any blood trail!

I'd also be interested to know how they got the thing started (it's never a good idea to walk away from a running vehicle!). And, unless it was never activated, the BMW assist would have logged where the car was when the accident occurred and likely called for help automatically.

I hope I never am in your situation...hopefully, you have a good insurance policy. Some of them will essentially buy a new car, some will try to give you lots of grief about the value.