PDA

View Full Version : Order Tracking in Canada

tonorc
04-26-2011, 11:20 AM
Anyone in Canada have recent success tracking an order? I was able to track my E90 when ordered in 2006, but when I asked about tracking my X3 on order, I was told it wasn't possible. I have a production number.

BMW USA has a much better web site than BMW Canada - too bad the won't accept Canadian registration.:dunno:

miked
04-26-2011, 06:59 PM
The number I called is 1-800-567-2691 for BMW Canada. They can tell you what stage your car is currently at and they track it right till it gets to the port of Bremerhaven. After that you can log on to the shipping website and enter the last 7 of your VIN (you will have it by then) and find out what ship your car will be loaded on and when it is schedule to arrive in Canada.

tonorc
04-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks miked .......I'll try that to find out when production is complete.. The X3 is coming from Spartanburg, but once CN have it I should be able to track with the VIN number. I don't know what rail line they use use to Toronto??

goodfella
04-28-2011, 07:35 AM
I now have a VIN. Anyway to track Caandian order other than calling number?

goodfella
04-28-2011, 01:55 PM
I called and my car is starting production Monday. Going to be a tough wait...

miked
04-29-2011, 04:54 AM
I now have a VIN. Anyway to track Caandian order other than calling number?

Besides phoning the dealer, that is the only way I know of. Folks in the USA have a website they can go to to track the vehicle, we have no such luxury here in Canada. The phone number will be able to track it until it gets to the port of exit at Bremerhaven, then you have to start checking with the shipping lines by inputting the last seven digits of your VIN to find out what ship it is loaded on. Mine is somewhere in the Atlantic right now, scheduled to arrive in Halifax on 3 May then transport to Ontario.

goodfella
05-09-2011, 08:59 AM
So I was told that production is now complete on my car!! Now can anyone tell me how long until it gets on a boat and arrives in Halifax? How can I find out what ship/line it is on?

Thanks.

miked
05-09-2011, 10:07 AM
So I was told that production is now complete on my car!! Now can anyone tell me how long until it gets on a boat and arrives in Halifax? How can I find out what ship/line it is on?

Thanks.

You need the last 7 digits of your VIN, enter them at this link and it will tell you when the car is on board a ship and what the schedule is:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

goodfella
05-09-2011, 10:12 AM
You need the last 7 digits of your VIN, enter them at this link and it will tell you when the car is on board a ship and what the schedule is:

http://www.2wglobal.com/www/WEP/index.jsp

Thanks. In which space do I enter them? I checked the schedule and I guess my car will be on the ship leaving May 18 (would be great if it makes the May 11th ship but based on other posts, that's not likely). In that case, the ship arrives at Halifax on May 30. Not sure how long it will take for train to Toronto and release to dealer but hopefully will have by mid June.

miked
05-09-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks. In which space do I enter them? I checked the schedule and I guess my car will be on the ship leaving May 18 (would be great if it makes the May 11th ship but based on other posts, that's not likely). In that case, the ship arrives at Halifax on May 30. Not sure how long it will take for train to Toronto and release to dealer but hopefully will have by mid June.

Click on all users track and trace, enter the last 7 digits of your VIN in the cargo ID box, third one over. Mine didn't show up until the day the ship sailed. BMW Canada should still be able to track it until it reaches Bremerhaven and is released to the carrier.

My car has been in Halifax since last Monday, not even on a train yet.

goodfella
05-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Click on all users track and trace, enter the last 7 digits of your VIN in the cargo ID box, third one over. Mine didn't show up until the day the ship sailed. BMW Canada should still be able to track it until it reaches Bremerhaven and is released to the carrier.

My car has been in Halifax since last Monday, not even on a train yet.

In Halifax for a week..*****. I hope my car gets on this Wednesday's boat. Otherwise it's another week of waiting fro me.

miked
05-09-2011, 04:05 PM
In Halifax for a week..*****. I hope my car gets on this Wednesday's boat. Otherwise it's another week of waiting fro me.

I am going to drop by the dealer tomorrow to get an update. I would like to have the car in time for the upcoming long weekend.

goodfella
05-10-2011, 06:04 AM
My car was released to the carrier. SO hopefully it gets on a ship tomorrow. Then will be in Halifax on May 23 and hopefully I get it by first week in June (although the long week-end may delay the train ride).

goodfella
05-10-2011, 08:45 AM
I called my dealer to see if he had any more info and he told me he has status as released to carrier. Then I checked to see if BMW Canada had an update and they told me it was in production even though last time i called they told me production was complete...I think I will just try to forget about it and check once a week.

miked
05-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I called my dealer to see if he had any more info and he told me he has status as released to carrier. Then I checked to see if BMW Canada had an update and they told me it was in production even though last time i called they told me production was complete...I think I will just try to forget about it and check once a week.

Found out today that mine is on the train on its way to Montreal, expected arrival is 13 May. From there it is trucked to the dealer, my hope in getting it in time for the long weekend is still alive.

goodfella
05-11-2011, 07:01 AM
That sounds promising. I am just waiting to see if my car got on the boat today. I called BMW Canada back as the guy who told me it was still in production didn't sound like he was reading the info right and they said that their records indicated it was release to the carrier and now my dealer would have all information. She said that once it shows that info it can be anywhere from the port to the dealership. So far the tracking shows no record. I am hoping that changes today or it will be another week to get on a boat.

goodfella
05-11-2011, 12:39 PM
You can do a very general search by inputting only Manufacturer's code into the ship's system. Doing that nly turned up a few cars input in the system. I also see the ships departure is now May 12th.

goodfella
05-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Found out today that mine is on the train on its way to Montreal, expected arrival is 13 May. From there it is trucked to the dealer, my hope in getting it in time for the long weekend is still alive.

Did you get it? Mine is at port of exit so hopefully will be on Otello leaving tomorrow.

miked
05-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Did you get it? Mine is at port of exit so hopefully will be on Otello leaving tomorrow.

It arrived at the dealership today at around 530 PM. I was in the area and pulled in to the dealership just as it was rolling off the trailer. Looks like they can get everything done and I can pick it up late Friday evening or Saturday morning.

goodfella
05-20-2011, 07:31 AM
Mine is now on the way over on the Otello. Arrives in halifax May 31. I guess I am looking at mid-June.

miked
05-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Mine is now on the way over on the Otello. Arrives in halifax May 31. I guess I am looking at mid-June.

Picked up the car yesterday morning, it is great. My timeline was arrive Halifax 3 May, board train 8 May, arrive Montreal 13 May, arrive at dealership 18 May, pickup 21 May.

PeterC4
11-19-2011, 10:33 AM
I am told my car should be at the Dealer December 14. I cannot track a Canadian car even with the production number, which I have.