PDA

View Full Version : Help! Aggravating Radio/Electrical Problems

Roundel Guy
02-26-2004, 08:34 PM
I had the original premium audio package (Blaupunkt Casablanca) in my '94 325is. About a year ago, the radio began having episodes where between long periods of working fine, I would turn on the car, and it would just not be working. The lights on the face would flash dimmly and it would emit a high squealing noise for a while when the knob was turned (it would continue after putting the knob in the "off" position) before going silent and dark again. About a month ago the radio was working fine when I accidently cranked the engine with the car in first gear. The radio failed for good (?). Some of my AC panel lights and my headlight panel lights went out too. :cry: I checked the grounds and they are fine. The battery is charged. The Fuses seem intact. The car has no other problems.

Someone suggested a bad "voltage regulator" might have caused the problem. :confused: Have any of you had similar problems, or know what is going on and have suggestions on how to fix this? Also, does anyone know where I can get another casablanca tape deck? I will appreciate any help you can give me!

Thanks for reading this far!