PDA

View Full Version : 535 GT ordered, track production & delivery

afmiller
04-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Is there a BMW site that can provide detailed info vis-a-vis tracking production, shipping, & delivery? Logging into my BMW Account site just shows me that I'm in stage 2 (Production) of 6 stages; with out any detail. About how long is the production stage? Thanks for any help rendered!

11gt535
04-29-2011, 12:05 PM
The MyBMW tracker for a car I ordered earlier in the year showed Start plus 4 stages and went from "Production Started" to "Production Finished" in 9 days. I'm assuming you didn't do Euro Delivery... in that case it gets trucked to a port where it waits for a ship to go out on. My most recent order sat at the port for a little more than a week, but the timing is variable. Then the ship makes a ~20 day trip over the Atlantic. The car then sits in customs for a bit, goes through a prep center, and then gets shipped to your dealer.

I've ordered 3 BMW's over the years and the best advice I can give is forget about the car and try not to count the days. My ETA hasn't changed at all since I was given it in February.

kashrahman
05-01-2011, 09:03 AM
nice writeup here: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382239

jadnashuanh
06-25-2011, 05:45 PM
They are not very quick to update the status on the MY BMW status page; your dealer can get much better info, so tap your salesman. From my experience, for example, I know it went on a ship 10-days before it showed shipping. Then, while a little quicker, it took it 4-days to show it made it to the performance center from when it actually made it in (some of that was customs, but status was slow, too). And now (I'm picking it up in SC on Monday), it still shows it in the performance center (in NJ), when it really better be in SC! since that's when BMW schedulded and confirmed my reservation to pick it up!.