PDA

View Full Version : Feasibility of Using Zaino Z5 over Z2

slugdriver
05-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Would appreciate any of the detailing experts who have experience with Zaino products to opine about applying Z5 over a layer of Z2.

Last weekend I washed my 3'er with Dawn, followed by a claying, and finished with a coat of Z2. As it is Jet Black - despite my best efforts - I'm starting to notice a bit of swirl and straight line marks. Thus, I'm considering the purchase of the Z5.

So, my query...will applying a layer of the Z5 over the Z2 still result in the elimination/minimizing the presence of swirl/straight line marks? Or will it just be a waste of my time and money?

Finally, please opine on applying 1z Glanz as the final coat above either the Z2 or Z5.

Thanks ahead for you insight and advice.

-Slug

DetailDan
05-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Applying Z5 over Z2 to eliminate swirls will be a waste of time/ money. If you'd like to try it, I have about 4 oz. of Z5 you can have. I actually have some Z2 you can have as well!

Applying 1z Glanz over Z2 or Z5 also is not necessary.

What you want to do is polish out the swirls and imperfections, then apply your Z2, Z5, or whatever sealant/ wax you want. That will give you the best finish.

Todd@properautocare.com
05-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Would appreciate any of the detailing experts who have experience with Zaino products to opine about applying Z5 over a layer of Z2.

Last weekend I washed my 3'er with Dawn, followed by a claying, and finished with a coat of Z2. As it is Jet Black - despite my best efforts - I'm starting to notice a bit of swirl and straight line marks. Thus, I'm considering the purchase of the Z5.

So, my query...will applying a layer of the Z5 over the Z2 still result in the elimination/minimizing the presence of swirl/straight line marks? Or will it just be a waste of my time and money?

Finally, please opine on applying 1z Glanz as the final coat above either the Z2 or Z5.

Thanks ahead for you insight and advice.

-Slug

I have a ton of experience with Zaino, and have ever found Z5 to really eliminate or fill swirls to the degree that I didn't need to polish.

So the two parts to your question: Can you apply Z5 over Z2? Yes, and it will work fine.

Will Z5 eliminate the swirls? Not IME.

As suggest above, the only way to remove the hairline scratches/swirl marks is going to going to be to machine polish the surface, then apply your Zaino on top. Zaino makes a nice polish in Z-PC (Zaino Fusion) that can correct swirl marks. Otherwise you might want to consider some of the other brands of polishes (such as Menzerna or Meguiar's) before applying the Zaino back on top.

properautocare.com carries everything you need to get the machine polishing done (machines, pads, polishes) so I would hope you would consider using us (and your forum discount) should this be the way you choose to proceed.

slugdriver
05-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Detail Dan and Todd,

Thanks much for the responses. Absolutely love Black - particularly when clean and waxed - however, a bit disappointed that it scratches so easily (You sneeze and it scratches!). Will take your advice in account.

-Slug