View Full Version : question about 2004 bmw x5
02-28-2004, 10:04 PM
i was hoping someone could confirm/deny some rumors i have heard about the x5 and answer misc questions
- is bmw coming out with a 3.5 L 275 hp engine late 2004 for the x5 3.0
- are led lights and compass being put in the x5 and when
- will there be an x7
- what color better for long term jet black or black sapphire metallic
- when will the x5 be redesigned 2006 or 2007
- can you get an extended WARRANTY on new bmw's
- i am trying to decide whether to buy a late 2004 or early 2005 x5 3.0
- how is the panoramic roof on the x3 that will be on the x5 soon
- what is the best backseat cover for dogs
03-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Jet black held up well on our 01', and just got the same on my 04'. Can't speak for the "other" black.
Yes you can get and extended warranty, but I'm going to wait until the 4-year 50k gets close to ending, and go aftermarket. I compared numbers, and am not convinced the factory warrantys are very good deals.
Can't answer your other questions.
03-06-2004, 09:10 AM
1) Dunno--haven't heard/read anything about it so I'd say no
2) Compass should be in the car as of next month--what are 'red lights'?
3) X7-there are rumors, but they are just that, rumors
4) Long-term? You mean which is easier to keep clean? Probably metallic
5) Probably 2007, but no one knows for sure
6) No extended warranty thru BMW, but there are extended mainteance contracts that will likely be available for '04s in 2 or 3 years.
7) Panoramic roof looks neat, but will be very noise when opened
8) Backseat cover--check http://www.bmwaccessoriesandlifestyleimages.com/bmwx5/x5page.mv?id=3CCD60D60001A73100006F0100000000&cat=Interior+Amenities
03-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Will the panoramic roof make the car less rigid? I'm wondering if this is more of a marketing gimmick than a practical one - just my opinion.
03-07-2004, 01:20 PM
A friend of mine has an ML320 w/ the now-discontinued panoramic roof, and there were no issues w/ the rigidity of the car. However, fwiw, his kids never liked it opened b/c it blew way too much in the back, and it was wicked noisy on the highway.
09-15-2005, 09:30 AM
i ve just got a 3.0d sport and its has 25 bhp more than the earlier ones
2006 for pics on for the new x5 but no delivery til 2007
this is for the uk
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.