PDA

View Full Version : Wheel locks for 535iX GT sport

afmiller
05-10-2011, 10:50 AM
Awaiting delivery of new 535i X GT, while I research some accessories. Looking for input on your experience with various wheel locks; BMW,RAD, and/or McGard. Understand that either of these will provide reasonable wheel security. Has anyone out there had poor results with one of these wheel locks. Any recommendations?

jadnashuanh
06-25-2011, 03:19 PM
McGard makes a nice set in Europe that the company does not import to the USA. You can get them, though. The SL version has a rotating ring to make it really hard to defeat the things. It was developed for the UK market and in a comparison test, was only defeated with power tools...no hand tools they tried could get them out. All others they tried to defeat were defeated.

BruceFerjulian
06-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I purchased a set of RAD locks before leaving for Munich and my EDP delivery. I had the agent put on the locks while I was going through the paperwork and they were on the car when I drove out of the BMW welt.

The locks I purchased are a dull silver finish, some sort of anti-corrosive coating. Stock wheel bolts are black but stock rims are silver, I guess you would only notice if you are thinking of stealing the wheels.

Would I buy them again if need be, yes.

Whatever you decide on, the size of the stock wheel bolts are...

14mmx1.25, 27mm Shank, Cone Seat

http://www.radusadirect.com/product/22-23230-C/ON-SALE-FITS-NEW-MINI-NEW-BMW-X5-X6-NEW-7-SERIES-and-NEW-F07-GRAN-TURISMO-RAD-Wheel-Lock-Bolt-14mmx125-27mm-Shank-Cone-Seat.html

RAD Wheel Lock Bolt Style 14mmx1.25, 27mm Shank, Cone Seat, Dacromet Coated
SKU: 22-23230-C
Locks: $49.99
Shipping: $14.05
Total: $64.04