View Full Version : Wheel locks for 535iX GT sport

05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Awaiting delivery of new 535i X GT, while I research some accessories. Looking for input on your experience with various wheel locks; BMW,RAD, and/or McGard. Understand that either of these will provide reasonable wheel security. Has anyone out there had poor results with one of these wheel locks. Any recommendations?

06-25-2011, 04:19 PM
McGard makes a nice set in Europe that the company does not import to the USA. You can get them, though. The SL version has a rotating ring to make it really hard to defeat the things. It was developed for the UK market and in a comparison test, was only defeated with power tools...no hand tools they tried could get them out. All others they tried to defeat were defeated.

06-28-2011, 08:50 PM
I purchased a set of RAD locks before leaving for Munich and my EDP delivery. I had the agent put on the locks while I was going through the paperwork and they were on the car when I drove out of the BMW welt.

The locks I purchased are a dull silver finish, some sort of anti-corrosive coating. Stock wheel bolts are black but stock rims are silver, I guess you would only notice if you are thinking of stealing the wheels.

Would I buy them again if need be, yes.

Whatever you decide on, the size of the stock wheel bolts are...

14mmx1.25, 27mm Shank, Cone Seat

RAD Wheel Lock Bolt Style 14mmx1.25, 27mm Shank, Cone Seat, Dacromet Coated
SKU: 22-23230-C
Locks: $49.99
Shipping: $14.05
Total: $64.04