PDA

View Full Version : Any service issues? 8500-mile interim report

Capobranco
05-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Perhaps I am tempting the gods’ wrath – really bad juju – to be posting this; but after 8500 miles and counting my GT has been bulletproof. The only issue I have had concerns my runflats; I had to replace my front right tire last week since it appeared malignant with four bubbles. I use my GT for both work and pleasure, which includes urban gridlock, mountain twisties, and a lot of fast interstate driving... in the process, I used 2 quarts of oil. After passing the 5000 mark, the car seems to have found its legs and almost intuitively anticipates my driving demands.

Overall, I ask a lot from my GT in terms of performance, utility, and luxury, and it has performed as advertised – effortlessly.

magnumforc
05-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Uhh..only 1600 miles and problems starting to rear their ugly heads. Rear drivers side door window motor assembly not attached to inner door and rattled around. Had to have vehicle over night to order parts as it apparently was never attached. Also found out why the vehicle quit after just a few hundred miles...has problems with the VVT system. Technician cleared faults but could not clear one that remains and remains short or open circuit that causes/will cause loss of power. States BMW is working on this problem and is aware of it. The VVT system motor makes a grinding or ratcheting sound. Strangely enough, occurs intermittently and will occur more frequently when doors are being unlocked/locked or when liftgate is being opened. Basically when any power is being used. Not a happy BMW owner now. We have two and one is flawless so far...the other...is this one.

car-fan
05-15-2011, 04:14 PM
My current GT is at 18,500 miles. Knocking on wood, no drivetrain issues to report. I have a minor annoyance - currently being repaired/replaced under warranty with my right rear entertainment system monitor.

jazzyd
05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
I'm having a hard time getting my right rear entertainment system monitor cover under warranty they telling me there was some impact damage when there is no marks on the screen.

car-fan
05-15-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm having a hard time getting my right rear entertainment system monitor cover under warranty they telling me there was some impact damage when there is no marks on the screen.

Talk to a regional rep, or try a different dealer. If your screen doesn't have any physcial marks on the LCD screen itself to suggest some sort of physical impact, they should cover the replacement. Call BMW NA if you need to.