PDA

View Full Version : Will Poorboys Wheel Cleaner Remove Wheel Wax?

uwhusky
05-13-2011, 06:27 AM
I waxed my wheels after my last car wash. Am going to wash it again later today. If I use poorboys wheel cleaner on the wheels, will it strip off the wax?

dboy11
05-13-2011, 07:27 AM
I waxed my wheels after my last car wash. Am going to wash it again later today. If I use poorboys wheel cleaner on the wheels, will it strip off the wax?

If it is just "car wax" then yes, but that's not your worry. If you used plain car wax. Then the heat from the rim has already melted the wax off, or there is very little left. When did you apply the wax?

I use the Poorboys Wheel Sealant. If this is what you are talking about then no, the cleaner will not remove it. This also depends on how long ago it was applied and driving conditions.

Also if you are an avid PB user he has his own forums for questions just like this. I have been using his line for 10 years.

http://poorboysworld.net/board/forum.php

uwhusky
05-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I used wheel wax. I think that's the actual brand name. Bought it from autogeek at the same time I bought the poorboys.

It's been two weeks since I applied the wheel wax and the driving conditions have been just your standard around town driving.

dboy11
05-13-2011, 08:36 AM
I used wheel wax. I think that's the actual brand name. Bought it from autogeek at the same time I bought the poorboys.

It's been two weeks since I applied the wheel wax and the driving conditions have been just your standard around town driving.

I don't have experience with the product you are talking about, but in looking at it at AG. It looks like its designed to protect rims, meaning a high temp product.

Are you using the PB wheel cleaner at 100% I mix mine 4 part water to 1 part cleaner. That will be more than strong enough to clean your rims and not harm the protection.

uwhusky
05-13-2011, 11:17 AM
I haven't mixed it yet but I'll do what you suggest.

dboy11
05-13-2011, 11:21 AM
I haven't mixed it yet but I'll do what you suggest.

Even Steve at PB suggests mixing it. At 100% its pretty strong, I only use it that way on baked in dust...you can play with the mixture and extend out the cleaner