PDA

View Full Version : creaking sound in door

sa21189
05-14-2011, 09:23 PM
my doors have been making a creaking sound lately, im guessing its from old age, i was thinking about spraying in some wd-40 into the crevices of the door panels, am i making a mistake?

Todd@properautocare.com
05-15-2011, 09:16 PM
Is the creaking when you are driving or when you open/shut the door?

When you say spray into the crevices, do you mean the hinges, or between the body panel and the trim?

thecushion
05-18-2011, 04:47 PM
I always have this happen when its cold "40 or below" But when it warms up its gone. I use WD-40 on......... not the hinge,but....?????......the what ever you call it to keep the door from opening off of the hinge. Hope this helps/make since.

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-24-2011, 10:50 AM
You might want to do seach on the forum to see if anyone has had this problem before and found a solution to fix it.

"S62"
05-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Try some WD40 or some grease, that should help and its not hard at all.

Johnz3mc
05-25-2011, 03:31 PM
WD-40 isn't going to hurt anything.
I had a squeaky door on the Stealth years ago, and spraying the hinges didn't correct the problem. A careful examination showed the culprit was the bar/mechanism that held the door open. A bit of grease and all was quiet again. The point is 'don't give up' if you don't solve it with the first spritz.
-John C.

TOGWT
05-26-2011, 02:43 AM
my doors have been making a creaking sound lately, im guessing its from old age, i was thinking about spraying in some wd-40 into the crevices of the door panels, am i making a mistake?

I'll have to try that next time on my creaking knee joints

This could also be a first sign that the doors hanging alighnment is changing

;)