PDA

View Full Version : D.C Hand Car Wash?

JP528
05-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a hand car wash or detailer in DC? I found one place that charges 50 bucks (which seems a little pricey) and didnt do that good of a job.

Thanks

DetailDan
05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Sent you a PM.

RBinDC
05-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a hand car wash or detailer in DC? I found one place that charges 50 bucks (which seems a little pricey) and didnt do that good of a job.

Thanks

The only detailing shop in the city that gets a decent rating on Checkbook Washington is "DetailZ" in Georgetown: http://www.detailzfineautocleaning.com/

However, I called them and based on my conversation with them about the products they use (which I never heard of) I would hesitate taking my car there. Detail Dan did my car and I am very impressed with his work. He is located in Suburban Virginia.

jerrykdc
05-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Take a bucket and a mitt and go to a self service car wash like Flagship in Rockville and do it yourself - better job and a better price.

RBinDC
05-20-2011, 07:47 AM
Take a bucket and a mitt and go to a self service car wash like Flagship in Rockville and do it yourself - better job and a better price.

Why go to the car wash? If you are going to do it yourself all you need is a hose (and TWO buckets BTW). Also, the OP will need to learn how to wash the car. Detail Dan can show you how. Or just check out the videos on the various detailer supplies websites.

Incidentally, it takes one to two hours to do a thorough job, including the interior (excluding any claying, polishing, sealing or waxing).