PDA

View Full Version : How can one clean the inside fabric lined roof ?

Bigtoysinc69
05-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Does anyone know how to get black marks off of the interior fabric roof of an x3? I had to take it off to install a custom roof rack and now it's kind of dirty .... Any ideas?

bmw_n00b13
05-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I'm not a pro but I would expect a carpet cleaner might be helpful. Or spraypaint (there's fabric spray paint) it black.

Todd@properautocare.com
05-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Try a very light dilution of all-purpose cleaner and apply it with a damp (not wet) cloth. Then wipe dry. Be careful not to get it too wet or the adhesive and let go and the roof liner can sag...

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Try a very light dilution of all-purpose cleaner and apply it with a damp (not wet) cloth. Then wipe dry. Be careful not to get it too wet or the adhesive and let go and the roof liner can sag...

I agreed, be careful not to wet it to much.

Bigtoysinc69
05-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Great I'll try that and see how it goes that's a good tip about the sagging if to wet. :thumbup:

Searaven98
06-25-2011, 09:14 PM
What I do: First I try to get as much dirt off by dry scrubing (get a gentle brush) then I just use a damp rag to rub it of, if not success I use a GPC solution, I bought the BMW interior cleaner but honestly it is very weak, but perfect for very light dust and the roof liner. Good Luck.