PDA

View Full Version : Days / miles between washes?

PropellerHead
04-19-2002, 11:21 AM
Whats the shortest time and mileage between washings you've ever had?

1 - 2 days / < 25 - 50 miles
3 - 4 days / < 25 - 100 miles
5 - 7 days / < 100 miles
14 days / < 500 miles (Ssssthinner!)

I ask because I washed the 330 and 540 yesterday after having done the same on Sunday. On the 540, this was only 80 miles and four days later.

To be fair though, the 540 was after a mod. You *have* to wash your car after a mod. And, for you single folks, you also have to wash the wife's car when you wash your own- If she drives a bimmer. It's a rule. Book it.

in_d_haus
04-19-2002, 11:26 AM
OOps misread the question. Shortest time/miles between washes? Maybe 20...I've washed my car twice in a day before....actually a few times. :D

Dr. Phil
04-19-2002, 11:39 AM
Wash once a week usually but have done within 3 days, which is what I answered. If you count wheels only I've done on back to back days:yikes:

vexed
04-19-2002, 11:45 AM
I usually wash every other week. Body and wheels. I may have washed two weeks in a row--once.

For Alee this is blasphemy.:(

Dr. Phil
04-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by vexed
I usually wash every other week. Body and wheels. I may have washed two weeks in a row--once.

For Alee this is blasphemy.:(
Just like a lawyer to sssstretchhhh the truth, we all know you are a closet OCD detailer:tsk: :D

alee
04-19-2002, 01:46 PM
In the summer, every 3-4 days it needs a full wash. Every day it gets quick detailed (twice a day).

In the winter, once a week. More often if it gets too dirty.

The Weather Channel rules apply here. If it has rained/snowed, and isn't going to rain/snow for the next 2 days, it gets washed. Otherwise, I wait until it doesn't look like it's going to rain for 2 days into the future.

Plenty of people think this is nuts, but the cleaner the car is, the easier it is to maintain. When dirt starts caking up, it really takes a lot more effort to have a really clean car.

Or that's what I tell myself. :eeps:

Chris325i
04-19-2002, 01:55 PM
Hey I have to wash my wife's car BEFORE I do mine (well once in a while at least). Otherwise I get "What are you doing...it's not even dirty...you just washed it last week".

IndyMike
04-19-2002, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Chris325i
Hey I have to wash my wife's car BEFORE I do mine (well once in a while at least). Otherwise I get "What are you doing...it's not even dirty...you just washed it last week".

Guess I'm lucky! My wife doesn't care if her car looks like it has just completed the Dakar Rally and Baja 500 back-to-back, just as long as she has enough gas and tire tread to get her to the mall and back.:)

Sean
04-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Sometimes 2-3 weeks, but only 75-200 miles within that time.