PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my sixer Sat. First impressions and pics.

steve miller
05-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Traded my 11, 740 for my new six. I hated the 7....with apologies to 7 owners. Floaty with numb steering even in the sport mode.

This six is pretty amazing. It feels tight in the comfort mode, tighter in normal, and awesome in the sport mode. You always can tell it's a BMW, unlike the seven which I compare to the old caddys of the early 2000's. Steering is tight, and the 4.4 turbo mated to the 8 speed (my 7 was a six speed) totally rocks. Car is a torque beast and a blast to drive. Quick heads up to all. Be very careful of the seats. I opted for the base seat. The sport seats with the AC, and Heating are inordinately hard and uncomfortable. The backs almost poke at you and they don't sit as low as some would want them to. Both these negatives are probably due to the mechanics inside the seats.

http://www.stevestoys.net/albums/album50/photo1.jpg

http://www.stevestoys.net/albums/album50/photo2.jpg

http://www.stevestoys.net/albums/album50/photo3.jpg

http://www.stevestoys.net/albums/album50/photo4.jpg

http://www.stevestoys.net/albums/album50/photo7.jpg

roho3323
05-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow...that looks yummy!

Congrats on the new ride! Going from a 7 series sedan to 6 vert...that is a big change!

Leslierc
05-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Congratulations on your new 6 and enjoy. I disagree with your assessment regarding the 7. After owning three 6 Series cars, including an M6, I can certainly attest to, as well as agree with you regarding, the 6's ability to amaze and thrill. Personally, I wish that BMW would have been less tame in designing the new 6. However, the 7 is every bit as much a BMW...not a Cadillac, of which I also have had some experience due to my late mother's affinity for those cars. Of course, it makes little sense to compare driving a 6 Series against a 7 given that they are entirely different types of automobiles. The 6 is a blend of sports car and GT and the 7 is an executive sports/luxury sedan. You should be very satisfied with the 6 since it sounds like you were seeking more performance in driving response from your car than anything else.

Hossy
05-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Congrats on the car, love the interior.

momo_oo[][]oo
05-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Amazing car, Congrats and enjoy it.

steve miller
05-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Congratulations on your new 6 and enjoy. I disagree with your assessment regarding the 7. After owning three 6 Series cars, including an M6, I can certainly attest to, as well as agree with you regarding, the 6's ability to amaze and thrill. Personally, I wish that BMW would have been less tame in designing the new 6. However, the 7 is every bit as much a BMW...not a Cadillac, of which I also have had some experience due to my late mother's affinity for those cars. Of course, it makes little sense to compare driving a 6 Series against a 7 given that they are entirely different types of automobiles. The 6 is a blend of sports car and GT and the 7 is an executive sports/luxury sedan. You should be very satisfied with the 6 since it sounds like you were seeking more performance in driving response from your car than anything else.
Thanks for making me smile. My Mom was partial to GM's flagship too. I didn't mean to bash the 7. I think I sounded a bit rougher then I intended. I guess I just didn't find it to be what
I was expecting. I can say it was more comfortable then the six for sure. The seats in the 7 smoke anything in the class.. A8 and S550.

I actually was just looking for a bit of a tighter ride, and yes, I too think the six has become a true GT. Don't need a sports car. I have a new grand sport, 6 speed convertible that fills my need for speed!:):)

Leslierc
05-26-2011, 04:35 AM
Thanks for making me smile. My Mom was partial to GM's flagship too. I didn't mean to bash the 7. I think I sounded a bit rougher then I intended. I guess I just didn't find it to be what
I was expecting. I can say it was more comfortable then the six for sure. The seats in the 7 smoke anything in the class.. A8 and S550.

I actually was just looking for a bit of a tighter ride, and yes, I too think the six has become a true GT. Don't need a sports car. I have a new grand sport, 6 speed convertible that fills my need for speed!:):)

Again, congratulations!:thumbup: Your only problem will be keeping that "I'm driving a 6" smile in check!:)

By the way, my Mom would get a new Caddy every 2 years...my "smile moment" was when she got her 2000(?) Eldorado that almost scared her to death!

stickbuilder
05-26-2011, 07:02 AM
The wife keeps prodding me when they run the new 6 on the TV advertisement. I suppose its time to replace the 3 with a new 6. I may just add the 6 and keep the 3. I like the comment about your Gran Sport. I have the Z06 and its a blast to squirt from corner to corner. It does fulfill the need for speed.

steve miller
05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
The wife keeps prodding me when they run the new 6 on the TV advertisement. I suppose its time to replace the 3 with a new 6. I may just add the 6 and keep the 3. I like the comment about your Gran Sport. I have the Z06 and its a blast to squirt from corner to corner. It does fulfill the need for speed.

Still nothing like the Vette! Real Bang for the Buck. I NEEDED the Grand Sport when it came out in 10. After 5 C6's I had me a Z06 body with a convertible top. Putting a blower on it next week. Ought pull about 550HP at the crank. With the new clutch and exhaust it's gonna be my secret weapon :-))))))))

petriej
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM
This looks amazing. Can't wait to see the new M6, if they ever build them.

dkreidel
05-26-2011, 01:35 PM
That is a beautiful 6! I love the white over red; it's the combo I have on my 335 vert. I wonder if I have time to change my order for my 6 Euro Delivery ?:D

Dick

TopDownInFL
05-28-2011, 08:25 AM
You're the first one here on the boards to have the new 6. Congrats! She is beautiful. I love the white exterior (my last 6 was white). You're making me like that model more and more.

Great pics - thank you!

docpaulo
05-28-2011, 09:04 PM
nice...

popeye66
05-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Congrats Steve - beautiful 6, love the wheels and the interior mods, not sure how I feel about the chrome trim on the convertible boot yet, but I don't think it is too blingy (unlike the CTS, which desperately needs a "black trim" shadowline treatment) - Enjoy! :)

steve miller
05-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Congrats Steve - beautiful 6, love the wheels and the interior mods, not sure how I feel about the chrome trim on the convertible boot yet, but I don't think it is too blingy (unlike the CTS, which desperately needs a "black trim" shadowline treatment) - Enjoy! :)

The chrome looks a bit blingy in pictures, but it really kinda blends in person. This one was a "have to have it" for me:thumbup:

Sandlapper
06-01-2011, 09:05 AM
Beautiful car, Steve. I know you'll enjoy it.

jayster0966
06-01-2011, 09:09 AM
As others have mentioned, beautiful vehicle. Ypu purchased it in my favorite color too!

envy_deadly
06-01-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm very jealous......congrats :)

ENVY_DEADLY

jimgraves
06-04-2011, 11:56 PM
These F12's look pretty good but I look forward to seeing one with a slight drop and 21" wheels.

mujjuman
06-05-2011, 04:21 AM
congratulations!!! wow that thing is a beauty!!!

btw Vette + Blower = monster

i love the interior color choice btw
nice looking house too

drockatl
06-06-2011, 06:38 AM
Ok Ok.... She's a beauty! That color combo sets it OFF! Hmmm. I've been eyeing them and ofcourse they are growing on me. I can't wait until the M6 arrives!!!!!

steve miller
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
congratulations!!! wow that thing is a beauty!!!

btw Vette + Blower = monster

i love the interior color choice btw
nice looking house too

In the process of being installed as I'm Typing:thumbup:

steve miller
06-06-2011, 10:36 AM
These F12's look pretty good but I look forward to seeing one with a slight drop and 21" wheels.

Looks GREAT:thumbup::thumbup:

lsleelee
06-16-2011, 03:37 PM
He is not kidding about the seats. The 1/3 series sport seats are softer, 5 seats are a different universe!

Steve, just how much more comfortable are your non-vent seats?

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

steve miller
06-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Light years, yet they still privide more then adequate support. For me the a/c vented seats are a nightmare. I can't sit in them. They're hard as rocks. In addition because of the vent equipment underneath they won't recline down low to the floor. Makes you sit way up high. You don't realize that until you sit in both and compare.

steve miller
06-17-2011, 11:40 AM
[

steve miller
06-17-2011, 11:44 AM

JMK
06-20-2011, 05:31 PM
awesome! Congrats on your new car! I've owned an M6 cab, which I loved, but I am not sure about the new one. Hoping to drive a 650 cab and then make a decision in the next year or so. I am considering an Aston Martin V8 vantage or an Audi R8. Neither will be a dd, but want a gt type car!

steve miller
06-21-2011, 09:52 AM
The Aston and the Audi are different cars. Way smaller and WAY more expensive! I was reading an article in one of the car rags that said that this generation six is 1/10th second slower to sixty then the last generation M6. I find that hard to believe....BMW says the 2012 does 4.9 to 60.

highyo
06-22-2011, 02:45 PM
The Aston and the Audi are different cars. Way smaller and WAY more expensive! I was reading an article in one of the car rags that said that this generation six is 1/10th second slower to sixty then the last generation M6. I find that hard to believe....BMW says the 2012 does 4.9 to 60.

thats underrated, imo. and you should make a call to your local dinan dealer, thinking that number is in the low 4s after all is said and done. it's the n63 in that rig right? beautiful car by the way. my wife loves the new 6

JMK
06-22-2011, 05:00 PM
hmmm, I loved the M6, but I don't want the new one. It will have the turbo engine, right? So, dinan would be the choice and get the 650. I need to drive one, then I'll know. I've already drive the Aston Martin Vantage V8 and was just so impressed with the ride, the cratsmanship and the whole experience! But, I'd probably buy a very low mileage used one. I'd probably lease the 6er. I want a keeper car. So far, I have fallen for the Aston, but the coupe form. It's a work of art! The R8, I'd get a spyder and cab 6er. Damn, too many decisions!

PS the pic of my avatar is my M6 cab in stratus grey...beautiful car!

steve miller
06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
it's the n63 in that rig right?

Yep......Just from driving it I do get the impression that it's faster then 5 secs to sixty. I'm not gonna mess with it though.....I do know fast. 11 Grand Sport...supercharged....627@ the crank:bigpimp:

highyo
06-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Yep......Just from driving it I do get the impression that it's faster the 5 secs to sixty. I'm not gonna mess with it though.....I do know fast. 11 Grand Sport...supercharged....627@ the crank:bigpimp:

as i have said numerous times on the F10 board. it is the best 3000 i have ever spent on anything ever

Bikey
08-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Is the back of the front seats red or black?

Ice350
08-19-2011, 06:05 AM
I have been hating the new 6 from the moment I saw it....until yesterday. I was in traffic with one and had a chance to view it up close. Llooks way better than I thought. It's kinda long and don't like the bottom part of the front facia (looks like a shark mouth) but that can be fixed with modding.

Still like the last model better but the new one is growing on me. Can't wait to see the coupe.

devitocoke
08-19-2011, 01:49 PM
oh baby, love the color combination, I love everything about your car. Just change the wheels now to deep dish.

Bk650
08-26-2011, 08:59 AM
color combo is killer and the wheels oh man.. smoking.. great choice