PDA

View Full Version : Programming settings ?

charliez
03-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Does anybody know how to program the door locks so it will lock at a certain speed? It's mentioned in the manual but not how to do it. Do I really have to bring it in to the dealer? Seems really stupid, I've owned a MB M class and it was customer programmable.

On the same topic, are there other programming tricks that customers can do themselves?

Thanks !

swindonhost
03-06-2004, 01:03 AM
Does anybody know how to program the door locks so it will lock at a certain speed? It's mentioned in the manual but not how to do it. Do I really have to bring it in to the dealer? Seems really stupid, I've owned a MB M class and it was customer programmable.

On the same topic, are there other programming tricks that customers can do themselves?

Thanks !

As far as I know, its a dealer configured option, I have mine set so the first key blip only unlocks the drivers door and when you drive away all doors lock. Took the daler about 10 minutes (no charge in uk)

AndDown
03-07-2004, 12:49 AM

Thanks !

You dealer should have had you fill out a preference programming form at the time you picked up your car. There should not be a charge for the first programming. However, if you change your mind later on, there will be a charge(usually around $50). BMWNA reimburses the dealer for the first programming, but not subsequent ones. And no, there is not any customer-programming available except for the 3 buttons on your driver's side seat.