PDA

View Full Version : Menz Top Inspection after polishing

AZDrPhil
05-28-2011, 10:17 AM
I bought a bunch of products to use on a two-month old Jet Black. Most were Menzerna, including two bottles of Top Inspection. This stuff is supposed to be used to "inspect" the surface after polishing and remove any polish residue. My polish is Micro Polish, PO87MC.

Anyway back to the Top Inspection. It's awful! All this stuff does for me is streak my nicely polished surface. Wiping it off, with a clean MF towel of course, adds more lint and additional streaks. It looks especially bad under my halogens.

Any comments on Top Inspection? What are some better alternatives? I was wondering if a plain water dampened MF towel would do the job. Also is it even necessary to wipe the surface after Micro Polish?

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-28-2011, 06:25 PM
With any compound / polishing product one should use a IPA wipe down. But with Menzerna polishers they sometimes had some type of filler or oils in them and with a QD type of product will somethings won't remove them. Go with a IPA wipe down to ensure you get the job done and a clean surface too.

Todd@properautocare.com
05-29-2011, 07:09 AM
I personally find that a diluated IPA wipedown works just as well (as is far more cost effective). Dilute the IPA to about 30% alcohol and 70% distilled water.

As far as being necessary to wipedown the paint, its not really necessary. However it is preferred to ensure that you are truly removing the defects and/or your sealant will bond completely.