PDA

View Full Version : Zaino on fiberglass gelcoat - anyone ever do it???

Bimmernut68
05-30-2011, 07:18 PM
Used Zaino products on my Bimmer with great result -- ZAIO, Z2 Pro, Z-CS and Z8. Wondered if anyone had used Zaino products on their boat's gelcoat.

TOGWT
05-31-2011, 01:21 AM
I've only ever used Klasse or Meguiar's Boat products on gel coats.

Are you sure your BMW has a gel coat and not a urathane clear coat?

Angelo@properautocare.com
05-31-2011, 04:42 AM
He takling about Gel Coat I think. You can try it, just try a very very small area first.

Bimmernut68
07-05-2011, 07:19 PM
After using Zaino AIO, Z-2 pro and Zaino Clear seal on my Bimmer and my 911, I decided to try Zaino on my boat's gelcoat.

I first washed the hull with Chemical Guys Citrus and for that part of the hull that had petroleum reidue, I used RejeX cleaner.

After drying, I applied Z-AIO, then the Z-CS. I allowed the clear seal to cure for about 2 hours and the applied Z-6 the gloss enhancer.

The results were spectacular!!! Super shine and gloss...

No, I am not a Zaino salesman...but a detailing novice that has been given great advice by the many pros on Bimmerfest. I will keep everyone posted on how well it holds up.

Now that I am addicted to detailing, I told the misses that the frig and her new washing machine and dryer were next. Only kidding...

Ilovemycar
07-05-2011, 07:44 PM
After using Zaino AIO, Z-2 pro and Zaino Clear seal on my Bimmer and my 911, I decided to try Zaino on my boat's gelcoat.

I first washed the hull with Chemical Guys Citrus and for that part of the hull that had petroleum reidue, I used RejeX cleaner.

After drying, I applied Z-AIO, then the Z-CS. I allowed the clear seal to cure for about 2 hours and the applied Z-6 the gloss enhancer.

The results were spectacular!!! Super shine and gloss...

No, I am not a Zaino salesman...but a detailing novice that has been given great advice by the many pros on Bimmerfest. I will keep everyone posted on how well it holds up.

Now that I am addicted to detailing, I told the misses that the frig and her new washing machine and dryer were next. Only kidding...

Hey congrats. I've read that the Z-AIO is more aggressive than the K-AIO (Klasse). I've never used any AIO before, and have a small bottle on the way. I also don't know what other brands of AIO there are.

As for the fridge, careful what you tell her . . . because this thread is on page 1 here! :eeps:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520028

Bill-SD
07-09-2011, 01:00 PM
Hey congrats. I've read that the Z-AIO is more aggressive than the K-AIO (Klasse). I've never used any AIO before, and have a small bottle on the way. I also don't know what other brands of AIO there are.

As for the fridge, careful what you tell her . . . because this thread is on page 1 here! :eeps:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520028

You can't go wrong with either Klasse or Zaino. They both are very similar IMO.

Bimmernut68
08-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Thus far, the Z-CS and the Z-6 are holding upend working just great.

Spider droppings and bird crap wipe off easily with no residual marks.

When I used petroleum based wax products in the past, I had a very hard time removing the droppings and the residue.

So far, so good.

As reports from past members has indicated, the Z products have super durability. My 335ix still looks like it was detailed yesterday instead of three months ago. I believe that i will be able to say the same thing about my boat's gelcoat at the end of the season.

thecushion
08-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Thus far, the Z-CS and the Z-6 are holding upend working just great.

Spider droppings and bird crap wipe off easily with no residual marks.

When I used petroleum based wax products in the past, I had a very hard time removing the droppings and the residue.

So far, so good.

As reports from past members has indicated, the Z products have super durability. My 335ix still looks like it was detailed yesterday instead of three months ago. I believe that i will be able to say the same thing about my boat's gelcoat at the end of the season.

+!:thumbup: