PDA

View Full Version : Features/Functions of the GT you might not know

car-fan
06-02-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm going to start off with a few interesting facts. Hopefully others will chime in with additional information.

Frameless doors: First 4 door BMW with this feature

LED Halo/Angel Eyes: First BMW to feature this technology

Dual Mode Trunk/Hatch: First BMW with this functionality

Self Leveling Rear Air Suspension: Unique to the F07 GT and F01/F02 7 Series. (X5/X6 feature this technology as well)

Fully adjustable rear seats: even in standard "bench" configuration the rear seats can be independently moved fore and aft as well as reclined. When the rear seat armrest is folded down it makes the GT feel like a four seater, as it serves as the seat back for the rear center position. (Unique to the GT)

Extended Leather: The leather trim in the GT covers the lower B Pillar and continues rearward to the lower sides of the C Pillars as well. (Unique to the GT)

Ambient Lighting: Additional lighting elements on the upper front seat backs (same as 7 series)

Wheel Base: 120.9 inches (same as F01 SWB 7 Series)
Length: 196.8 (only 3 inches shorter in overall length than F01 SWB 7 Series)

Rear Seat Leg Room: Longer than any BMW car or truck with the exception of the F02 LWB 7 Series;

Brakes (Front/Rear) 550i GT: GT 14.7/13.6 (an inch larger than what is available on the F10 5 Series regardless of engine size)

Brakes (Front/Rear) 535i GT: 13.7/13.6

Sport Package Rims 535 GT & Std 550i GT sport. package: 19 x 18.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rear
(optional Sport Package Rims on 550i sport 20 x 8.5 front and 20 x 10.0 rear)

and....................................?:)

Capobranco
06-02-2011, 09:04 PM
GREAT POST! :thumbup:

The GT constitutes a unique class.
I find the GT's combination of luxury, performance, utility, value, and panache to be unmatched including exotics. The innovations and features of the GT have been thoughtfully designed and integrated in a manner that no one feature over shadows the sum of the whole. Aesthetically, the styling artfully incorporates BMW design cues to convey muscularity and athleticism - the GT is neither derivative nor effete. The interior is a tactile and visual cornucopia. Most importantly, the 5 GT is a BMW GT and offers an engaging driving experience that beckons as an irresistable siren call to adventure.

mason
06-03-2011, 07:48 AM
Sorry, these are just pretty much what make GT unique or first ever for BMW and even car industry, nothing about things we don't know. Quite many can be found on the bouchure.

car-fan
06-03-2011, 08:42 AM
Sorry, these are just pretty much what make GT unique or first ever for BMW and even car industry, nothing about things we don't know. Quite many can be found on the bouchure.

Agreed but -do you have anything to add? I'm sure you are aware not everyone reads the product brochure thoroughly - much like those who don't pick up the manual except when needed:rolleyes:

Capobranco
06-03-2011, 04:06 PM
I think this is a brilliant post!

Confusion, misinformation, and ignorance often rule discussions regarding the 5 GT on Bimmerfest. Thank you for taking the time for compiling a ready reference of many of the F/07's innovative features.

The F/07 is truly sui generis.

mason
06-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Agreed but -do you have anything to add? I'm sure you are aware not everyone reads the product brochure thoroughly - much like those who don't pick up the manual except when needed:rolleyes:

May be that's why there are so many people asking about Lufthansa 2-for-1 deal for European Delivery.

BTW, BMW is contemplating to do away with the frameless windows. It is expensive to make and they are heavy.

magnumforc
06-07-2011, 06:16 PM
"Sport Package Rims 535 GT & Std 550i GT sport. package: 19 x 18.5 front and 19 x 9.5 rear"

On the XDrive, with Sport Package, the rims are similar size front and rear with all weather tires standard. Really a very nice choice for the occasional jaunt in the snow or ice.