PDA

View Full Version : Highland Green Metallic - opinions?

Tucker74
03-08-2004, 10:51 PM
Curious if anyone has seen Highland Green Metallic in person and what your opinion was of the color? Is it anything like Oxford Green Metallic on the 3-series? A pic would be even better but I know that's asking for allot.

My wife and I are considering an X3 in Highland Green with the Terracotta interior. I've always liked deep brown/brick interiors with dark green exteriors - very classy, IMO - but in the end thought it too staid for cars I either owned or considered (Boxster, M3, etc). However, it does seem to fit the X3 for some reason or maybe I'm just getting old...

BimmerVSR
03-19-2004, 02:31 PM
HG is not available with the terracotta interior per the bmwusa site. Why? Beats me as I think it would be a great combo. :thumbdwn:

Technic
03-19-2004, 02:38 PM
HG is not available with the terracotta interior per the bmwusa site. Why? Beats me as I think it would be a great combo. :thumbdwn:

... or maybe it is available at the dealer order but not in the website, like it happened with the E46 Silver Gray and Natural Brown, not available in the bmwusa.com but can be ordered at the dealer.

Check dealer for details... :eeps:

SARAFIL
03-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Curious if anyone has seen Highland Green Metallic in person and what your opinion was of the color? Is it anything like Oxford Green Metallic on the 3-series? A pic would be even better but I know that's asking for allot.

My wife and I are considering an X3 in Highland Green with the Terracotta interior. I've always liked deep brown/brick interiors with dark green exteriors - very classy, IMO - but in the end thought it too staid for cars I either owned or considered (Boxster, M3, etc). However, it does seem to fit the X3 for some reason or maybe I'm just getting old...

Nothing like Oxford. It looks almost like that medium khaki green that they offer on Land Rovers. I'm not a fan of green, but I like it. That being said, having seen Terracotta in person as well, I'd personally think that the two would clash quite bit. Our Highland Green X3 has the Sand Beige interior and light wood, and it's one of the nicest we've gotten in yet.

Tucker74
03-19-2004, 06:00 PM

Yeah, I noticed that in the X3 brochure right after I posted. Don't know what they were thinking. :dunno:

SARAFIL
03-19-2004, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I noticed that in the X3 brochure right after I posted. Don't know what they were thinking. :dunno:

Surprisingly enough, the two pics on bmwusa.com are actually kind of close to reality. Oxford is a bit darker unless it is in direct sunlight. Highland looks pretty close to the enclose pic.