PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 255/35-18 Potenza RE040

kyfdx
06-08-2011, 02:42 PM
Original equipment rear tire on a ZHP... NON-runflat..

Got a nail in a rear tire...

thanks!

kyfdx
06-22-2011, 07:47 AM
No longer needed... plugged tire.. LOL

buckboss81
05-06-2012, 02:20 PM
I just had the same thing happen to me. I purchased a 2004 330i ZHP last weekend and was out driving today and picked up a large nail in the right rear tire.

Just our of curiosity, did they have much trouble plugging the hole? I'm heading to the local tire store tomorrow morning to attempt the same thing on the exact same tire. I have about 80% tread left of the rear Potenza RE040 255/35 ZR 18 tires.

Thanks.

kyfdx
05-07-2012, 07:18 AM
I just had the same thing happen to me. I purchased a 2004 330i ZHP last weekend and was out driving today and picked up a large nail in the right rear tire.

Just our of curiosity, did they have much trouble plugging the hole? I'm heading to the local tire store tomorrow morning to attempt the same thing on the exact same tire. I have about 80% tread left of the rear Potenza RE040 255/35 ZR 18 tires.

Thanks.

Well.. a friend of mine that is a civil engineer has a plug kit at their office.... For their trucks and personal cars... I've probably put 5K miles on it since, and no issues. It took him about five minutes to do it.

I did just put my summers back on, yesterday.... so, not even any slow leaks... I probably wouldn't track the car that way, but it's been up to 95 mph, at least a couple of times. Who knows how much higher, since my teenager gets his hooks into it, every couple of months... lol.

You might have trouble getting a big tire store to plug it... a small independent would probably do it, though...