PDA

View Full Version : Damn birds!!! How to remove bird droppings from leather seats?

titan7
06-11-2011, 05:24 PM
My wife's new tan leather seats received 1 small bird dropping. I noticed it after a short drive to the store, it must have been on the leather for 20 mins I removed it but now there is a orange colored stain on the leather? WTF?? How can I get this off or am I toast?

thanks!!!!

dboy11
06-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Leatherqiue should take care of that

titan7
06-13-2011, 12:22 PM
I tried several cleaners, none were able to do anything but lighten the stain. I am really surprised this topic has not generated much response. She can't be the only person with a conv with light colored leather who has experienced this. Perhaps we are just too picky. I will take the rear headrest to a leather repair shop and see if they can fit it. My concern is what heck can be done to prevent this from happening again other than keeping the top up? I put conditioner on the leather but I am not sure that will do anything.

csmeance
06-13-2011, 07:08 PM
try the good old Woolite Water solution (10 parts water, 1 part woolite) and a good leather brush. Spray and agitate, let sit for a few seconds and wipe. Repeat process as necessary! Make sure the leather is wet and you aren't just rubbing a dry brush against the leather.

mujjuman
06-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Bird crap has nasty chemicals in it :(