PDA

View Full Version : Escalade, a few curious Q's for the pros . . .

Ilovemycar
06-12-2011, 01:26 PM
I finished up a two step paint correction on an Escalade yesterday, and I ran into a few things I've not had to deal with in my limited experiences.

1) How do you guys apply sealant/wax to the tiny spaces of paint in the "Escalade" badge lettering (there are three of them btw)? I didn't bother, but did clean the areas with Q tips. Do you guys apply protection with a q tip? Don't bother?

2) The Escalade has way more plastic than what I'm used to , and that's something I usually don't correct paint on because of softening flex agents. If I wanted to offer a full correction, I should probably be fine as long as I go easier with pads, choice of polish, orbital speed, and simply make sure the pad is always super flush to the paint? Don't bother?

3) The plastic running boards had these spots on them, maybe some sort of overspray, but I have no idea how they got there or what they are. Washing with a couple of products did not remove them. Would you try a degreaser perhaps of some kind? I have some Meg's super degreaser on the way, atm. Unfortunately, no pics of the spots.

Thanks!

A few pics of the hood post-polish as a thank you for your time . . . though the driver's side of the car was probably the worst (many dog scratches, corrected 100%). I love my new toy, the Flex 3401. :thumbup:

Ilovemycar
06-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Hm, I forgot to upload the pics. Ok . . .