PDA

View Full Version : Get the backup camera.

BruceFerjulian
06-12-2011, 08:20 PM
I did buy the "Camera Package" but would strongly recommend you at least purchase the "Backup Camera". Visibility is limited through the small rear window and talking to another owner at the dealership, the other owner said it was a mistake he didn't at least order the "Backup Camera".

The "Camera Package" is super, I recommend it highly. Saved my bacon on more than one occasion while on my EDP experience with tight streets in Italy and use it every day here in the US, just because I'm a back-in parking kind of guy. You know, quick get away!

There is a wicked blind spot in the right rear. If you have to pull out into traffic and you are at 45 degrees to oncoming cars, nothing is going to help you.

Capobranco
06-13-2011, 05:54 AM
I did buy the "Camera Package" but would strongly recommend you at least purchase the "Backup Camera". Visibility is limited through the small rear window and talking to another owner at the dealership, the other owner said it was a mistake he didn't at least order the "Backup Camera".

The "Camera Package" is super, I recommend it highly. Saved my bacon on more than one occasion while on my EDP experience with tight streets in Italy and use it every day here in the US, just because I'm a back-in parking kind of guy. You know, quick get away!

There is a wicked blind spot in the right rear. If you have to pull out into traffic and you are at 45 degrees to oncoming cars, nothing is going to help you.

Whoa...I frequent Florence for work...and pleasure - going again next week - although the center of the city is closed to all traffic - I can't imagine negotiating a vehicle the size of the GT in Florence or any Italian city - cameras not withstanding. Even in the hills outside Florence many of the streets date from the 14TH C. and can barely accommodate a Fiat 500. I'm not easily scared, but taxi drivers will barrel around blind curves on these roads at incredible speeds - I have never figured out why there are not numerous daily fatalities. While completely impractical, Claudio, a former partner who lived in the hills, had a Range Rover, and while the behemoth was awed, it required intense and ingenious route planning.:confused:

Then there are the autostradas - you hope for the Italian equivalent of the German autobahns but you find that these super highways are often gridlocked with truck traffic. When you think you found a great stretch there are the Carabinieri to boot (no pun intended) - frustrating.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnPEMaDrbie2MLkbmjMNCPr36loZ4q6 MYxw3WsR3NMztMyHyU0

Yes...but I'm sure you found the 2 lane "state" roads really magical - fast, well maintained, and with irresistible stops along the way. :)

BTW - I bet your GT received a lot of attention from the Italians.... My Florentine partners love fast luxurious hatch backs. I tell them I consider the GT to be a "disegno meraviglioso," and they respond in accord, saying in their best Italian... "it's Kool!". :cool:

Got pics of your GT in Italy?

http://www.spiderlifestyle.com/public/cars/galleries/1302454403114_P1080102.JPG

BruceFerjulian
06-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Here is a picture from Bozen ( Bolzano ). I would recommend this stop on the way north back to Munich. After staying here, it's only a 4/hr ride back to the drop off point.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5tP-v5FLyKk/Tfbl7QGkdeI/AAAAAAAAAfs/-bVT7UTIm1I/s320/11_TripHome_023.jpg

Capobranco
06-14-2011, 04:22 AM
Looking good...:thumbup:

Been there and done that ....Bolzano pass is amazing....

Fun seeing the GT in Italy...love to see more....per favore!