PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Pre Wired?

chrisflipmd
03-10-2004, 10:25 AM
I have a 2001 X5 4.4i, non-navigation, DSP radio with an in-dash business CD in the front. How can I tell if my X5 is prewired for a CD Changer in the trunk as well? Which wires would confirm this? Are all X5s prewired for a CD Changer?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Emission
03-10-2004, 12:44 PM
Welcome to Bimmerfest!

I am pretty sure ALL X5's are prewired for phone and CD-changer.

Check the left rear panel in your cargo area wall. You'll find a bunch of wiring harnesses - most likely identified too. The 6-changer bolts in.

AndDown
03-10-2004, 09:31 PM
I have a 2001 X5 4.4i, non-navigation, DSP radio with an in-dash business CD in the front. How can I tell if my X5 is prewired for a CD Changer in the trunk as well? Which wires would confirm this? Are all X5s prewired for a CD Changer?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

My 2001 X5 came pre-wired for the changer, but not the mounting brackets. Took me about 30 - 40 minutes to install. The wire connector is bundled up with a bunch of other cables wrapped with the felt-like tape. Look for a 3-pin power and I-bus connector. Since you also have the DSP, you will also need to connect the single coax digital audio cable to the changer. Do a search on this board or on the roadfly X5 board for installation tips.

chrisflipmd
03-11-2004, 11:11 AM
My 2001 X5 came pre-wired for the changer, but not the mounting brackets. Took me about 30 - 40 minutes to install. The wire connector is bundled up with a bunch of other cables wrapped with the felt-like tape. Look for a 3-pin power and I-bus connector. Since you also have the DSP, you will also need to connect the single coax digital audio cable to the changer. Do a search on this board or on the roadfly X5 board for installation tips.

I think I found the coax and 3 pin power cable. Here's a picture of what I found. Can anyone confirm this? Btw, thanks for the nice welcome! I think I see the coax and power cable.

http://www25.brinkster.com/fartman/attach.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

swindonhost
03-11-2004, 12:09 PM
I think I found the coax and 3 pin power cable. Here's a picture of what I found. Can anyone confirm this? Btw, thanks for the nice welcome! I think I see the coax and power cable.

http://www25.brinkster.com/fartman/attach.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

The blue connector with the white over clip is for the voice control module.

(nice pic) :thumbup:
Jon

SupraRZ
03-12-2004, 01:56 PM
You can pay $450 for a OEM CD changer (alpine)

Or

You can pay $175 + $75 for wiring harness for an alpine CD changer that fits in the same slot :)

But yeah the install takes about 30 minutes, I would have done it myself but the stereo shop offered to install for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.