PDA

View Full Version : Best Floor mat/spot cleaner

wigsplitta
06-22-2011, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know of a good spot cleaner. I have the tan Bmw floor mats and they have a few dirt spots on it. Whats a good product and easy steps to remove this. FYI i dont have a steam cleaner i do have a shop-vac.

dboy11
06-23-2011, 08:24 AM
Does anyone know of a good spot cleaner. I have the tan Bmw floor mats and they have a few dirt spots on it. Whats a good product and easy steps to remove this. FYI i dont have a steam cleaner i do have a shop-vac.

A good APC mixed one part APC to four parts water will clean them no problem. Vacuum the mats real good. Use a stiff brush to move the nap of the carpet around while vacuuming. Then spray the whole mat down with APC, you don't need a light lightly misting is OK. On the heavy spots put a tad more. let that dwell for a few minutes and brush again this should life all of the dirt and grime. Then vacuum again. If they are real dirt you can hose them off in the driveway and suck all the water up with the shop-vac. I do this all the time makes the pristine clean

TOGWT
06-24-2011, 02:07 AM
Floor mats take a majority of the wear away from the interior carpet. However, this leaves floor mats with soiling as well as oily stains. Inspect for oily stains.

Use a solvent-based spot remover to remove oily stains. Spot treat really bad stains (303TM Cleaner & Spot Remover or Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam)
Pour a small amount of cleaner onto a terry towel and wiping toward the centre of the stain to remove the spot. Clean normal to heavy soiling as described above. Floor mats may get as wet as necessary to properly clean them.
Normal cleaning- brush loose dirt/dust with a medium stiff brush, lightly spray surface with a carpet cleaner (Woolite® Heavy Traffic Carpet Foam) and let the foam remain in place for 5-10 minutes and then remove residue.

Heavily soiled- brush loose dirt/dust with a stiff brush, use a citrus-based pre-cleaner P21S® Total Auto Wash 10:1 distilled hot water, let solution remain in place for 5-10 minutes to enable cleaners to react, and then use a carpet extractor or a high pressure water hose

The rubber backing and the ability to relocate them to a warm place (not direct sunlight) for quick drying aids their cleaning. After mats are clean and dried, use a rubber bristle brush to go over the carpet material to raise the fibres and apply stain guard (303 High Tech Fabric Guard) to repel grease, dirt and oil based stains and provide UV protection against fabric fading.

Munich77
06-24-2011, 09:36 AM
For carpet cleaning, spot cleaning nothing beats Folex. It is available at your nearest Home Depot.

Searaven98
06-25-2011, 07:52 PM
Honestly... I took my mats to the shower with me, used my shampoo and I scrubed away, I have a 2008 328i so the mats resisted all that. After that I hung them on the shower courtain rod and set an electric fan to speed away the drying proces, after they dryed, I vacuum in opposing patterns fro a cool look, then I apply3M Scotchguard, they look new. Then again now I have all weather mats, which a clean with car shampoo solution and dry.