PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Z10 resulted in shiny leather...

mstrq
06-24-2011, 01:45 AM
Hello.

I heard many nice things about Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, and bought them a month ago. So time has come today for my monthly leather care routine, and I applied Zaino Z9 and Z10 on driver's seat. I can't comment on the cleaner since the leather was clean to begin with. I used a very soft brush to scrub the surface and then wiped off the excess solution with a white microfiber towel. After wiping the whole seat, the towel was still white. :angel:

Then came applying the conditioner. I used a pinky finger nail-size drop on a mirofiber towel (different from the one I used for cleaning) for each section of the leather seat defined by stitching pattern. Apparently, the direction on the bottle said buffing is not necessary, so I left the car after applying the conditioner on the whole seat. I came back after an hour or so, and the leather was shiny! I did a research on the internet, and found out it is supposed to leave a "matte" finish. And I noticed that some people wiped the conditioner off after a couple of minutes. I guess I applied too much conditioner.... I tried to wipe the surface with a dry cloth, but the surface was still shiny. So what are my options to bring back the matte finish on the leather? Should I just wipe the seat with a damp cloth? Or should I use Z9 to clean the seat? Or should I apply BMW leather lotion? (I've been using this for a year, and I gotta say I like it!) Or is this permanent....? Thanks in advance!

jfs356
06-24-2011, 05:42 AM
I would leave it shiny, it will no doubt wear back to the matte finish. I personally like a slight shine to leather.

dboy11
06-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello.

I heard many nice things about Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner, and bought them a month ago. So time has come today for my monthly leather care routine, and I applied Zaino Z9 and Z10 on driver's seat. I can't comment on the cleaner since the leather was clean to begin with. I used a very soft brush to scrub the surface and then wiped off the excess solution with a white microfiber towel. After wiping the whole seat, the towel was still white. :angel:

Then came applying the conditioner. I used a pinky finger nail-size drop on a mirofiber towel (different from the one I used for cleaning) for each section of the leather seat defined by stitching pattern. Apparently, the direction on the bottle said buffing is not necessary, so I left the car after applying the conditioner on the whole seat. I came back after an hour or so, and the leather was shiny! I did a research on the internet, and found out it is supposed to leave a "matte" finish. And I noticed that some people wiped the conditioner off after a couple of minutes. I guess I applied too much conditioner.... I tried to wipe the surface with a dry cloth, but the surface was still shiny. So what are my options to bring back the matte finish on the leather? Should I just wipe the seat with a damp cloth? Or should I use Z9 to clean the seat? Or should I apply BMW leather lotion? (I've been using this for a year, and I gotta say I like it!) Or is this permanent....? Thanks in advance!

Use the cleaner again the remove the surface of the leather. That should bring back the matted finish you want. Then apply the conditioner in the same fashion and buff it before it drys. That's how a matted finish is accomplished :D