PDA

View Full Version : Confirm COLOR HUD on current deliveries?

innerloop
06-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Just wanted to gut check - I am PRETTY sure that any future deliveries of a 535GT would include the COLOR HUD if that option is added. Is that correct?

I only ask because the small thumnail image that appears in the website configurator makes it appear like a MONOCHROME HUD. I suspect the image is just wrong/out-of-date.

Can anyone who has taken delivery recently confirm the HUD is multi-color?

Thanks.

jadnashuanh
06-25-2011, 03:20 PM
I picked mine up in Munich on 27 April...picking it up here on Monday. 99% sure there were multiple colors on the HUD.

Dave600
07-30-2011, 11:11 AM
Speed is in red, nav is in yellow/orange, low fuel is green. We picked ours up in Munich three weeks ago, so I presume this is current.

Highly recommended! I enjoyed it a lot, very convenient, made the Nav system easier to use - especially if you'd like the voice turned off. Even displays the name of the exit sign for upcoming turns, plus your needed lane position for turns/exits on multi-lane highways.

Note that polarized sunglasses reduce the visibilit of the HUD significantly, didn't see that one coming. Increasing brightness helps a little, but it's far more visible without polarized sunglasses on.

Good luck,

DV

innerloop
07-30-2011, 09:45 PM
Speed is in red, nav is in yellow/orange, low fuel is green. We picked ours up in Munich three weeks ago, so I presume this is current.

Highly recommended! I enjoyed it a lot, very convenient, made the Nav system easier to use - especially if you'd like the voice turned off. Even displays the name of the exit sign for upcoming turns, plus your needed lane position for turns/exits on multi-lane highways.

Note that polarized sunglasses reduce the visibilit of the HUD significantly, didn't see that one coming. Increasing brightness helps a little, but it's far more visible without polarized sunglasses on.

Good luck,

DV

Thanks - went with the option, picking it up 8/29!

tashi
08-08-2011, 09:43 AM

Good luck,

DV

I have adapted myself into never wearing sunglasses while driving and put them on when I step out of the car.