PDA

View Full Version : And she's HOME! More pics…

RocX6
06-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Picked it up on Monday! When I arrived at the dealership, I saw a space gray one on the floor and my jaw dropped. My X6 was space gray and it's been a good color for me and it looked great on the 6. My salesman came up and I told him I think I'm gonna wanna switch cars! He laughed knowing that my paperwork was done already and that was not possible. I wasn't serious of course, but I hadn't seen my titanium silver yet so we proceeded to the delivery room. Wow! Okay, so space gray would be my 2nd choice! Very happy! The car is so slick, the lines are great, fit and finish is impeccable. I haven't been this impressed since I bought my 2008 Aston Martin. I got the rundown on all the new features and it's amazing what the car can do - side cameras, lane departure which vibrates the steering wheel, seat massager, replaying satellite music through a 2 hour buffer - and the Night Vision is just so cool to have in a car it's laughable! It's great on the dark winding AZ roads when critters often dark across the streets. The handling of the car is so incredibly light it feels like you can get a friend and just pick it up. As you can tell, this is more of an emotional review than a technical one. I'm happy to be back into a car and out of my X6, although it served me well as my first SUV (sorry, SAV) and first bimmer. It's my first convertible too. Haven't driven it yet with the top up! Here's some new pics…I used the leftover roundel emblems in space gray from my X6. Nice contrast. Also going to replace the chrome 650i lettering on the rear with matte black. The 20" wheels seem to be very popular, but I guess it's just me - the 19s are sooo much better looking!

tonmonde
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
and congratulations!!! why do you have to wait til 7/11?

RocX6
06-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Vacation!!

Wilassasin
06-30-2011, 06:45 AM
That car is sweett!!! Congrats..

TopDownInFL
06-30-2011, 08:12 AM
Very nice!

petriej
06-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Gorgeous. I came across a stratus grey one last Sunday and we drove ~30miles on the same route, so I got to take a good look at it. The guy driving was checking my car out, too and we gave each other 'the nod'. I must say, in person, while driving, the new 6er is just stunning. I haven't seen one up close with the top up, but I bet it's still sexy as hell. We await more pics and your driving impressions once you get her broken in!

steve miller
07-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Beautiful car! Lotsa Luck:thumbup: Tell the dealer to keep it inside till you pick it up. Those sprinklers will kill the paint!!

Twinllamas
07-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Sweet... You'll love it... I'm not sure how you can wait... I have been sleeping in mine! The wife's getting jealous... I'm paying more attention to the 6 than to her right now!

jimgraves
07-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I like the silver color as it shows off the flared front fender lines very well. I never noticed those angular flairs in the pics of the black cars I have seen.

RocX6
07-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Sweet... You'll love it... I'm not sure how you can wait... I have been sleeping in mine! The wife's getting jealous... I'm paying more attention to the 6 than to her right now!

It was a little tough knowing it came in right before vacation, but even though we drove, I couldn't take it with me since it's a family vacation. It sure would be sweet to have it here in Beverly Hills though! I haven't seen a single one yet! Funny though, my 2 other car choices were an M3 and an S5, and the 2 cars I've seen the most here are A5s and 3 coupes.:rolleyes::D 7 more days!

XZLR8
09-18-2011, 10:37 PM
I've been looking through old threads and was glad to find this one, as I intend to order a silver 650i (although a Coupe) and have wanted to see pictures of one with those 19s. Now I'm completely sold! Thanks for sharing your pics, RocX6.

Twinllamas
09-19-2011, 05:07 AM
If you're ordering a 2012, make sure that you ask your advisor about the seat mat sensor issues. My '12 650Cv was in the shop for 5 weeks total and is still not corrected. They have changed manufacturer,(or so we're being told) twice since the car was built. First they blamed the seat mat sensor, then the software, now the seat mat sensor again.. I don't think they know what the issue is. We were told that about half a dozen cars across the US have experienced this issue.
Simply FYI... Trading mine this week on a MB S550.. (I know, apple and oranges!) I am depressed about this but it is now a safety issue. Will the airbags deploy or will they not? BMW NA says yes, but I'm not willing to bet someones life on it

anythingbuttime
09-19-2011, 12:40 PM
I have been following your saga as I am awaiting my 650i re-delivery. I understand your feeling, as my M6 would occasionally light up the light that said passenger airbag deactivated when there ws clearly a person in the seat. My BMW dealer said they tested it an found that if you moved around in the seat it would engage. A passive safety device like this isn't something you should need to move around to activate. Sorry that you have gone through the aggrevation, only to end up getting rid of the car.

If you're ordering a 2012, make sure that you ask your advisor about the seat mat sensor issues. My '12 650Cv was in the shop for 5 weeks total and is still not corrected. They have changed manufacturer,(or so we're being told) twice since the car was built. First they blamed the seat mat sensor, then the software, now the seat mat sensor again.. I don't think they know what the issue is. We were told that about half a dozen cars across the US have experienced this issue.
Simply FYI... Trading mine this week on a MB S550.. (I know, apple and oranges!) I am depressed about this but it is now a safety issue. Will the airbags deploy or will they not? BMW NA says yes, but I'm not willing to bet someones life on it

anythingbuttime
09-20-2011, 10:38 AM
I agree. The first one I saw in white made me rethink my anti-white stance on BMW's.
The body lines add a lot to the car.

I like the silver color as it shows off the flared front fender lines very well. I never noticed those angular flairs in the pics of the black cars I have seen.

castercorey
09-30-2011, 09:31 AM
I love the back side!

petriej
09-30-2011, 09:51 AM
I love the back side!

Are we still talking about the car?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUNgLSN4UXIf0hywbITpdsAF9yB8hs3 225o0Wtm07tCb5Py27XVw2otKNUGQ

Elias
09-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Are we still talking about the car?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUNgLSN4UXIf0hywbITpdsAF9yB8hs3 225o0Wtm07tCb5Py27XVw2otKNUGQ

A lot of junk in that trunk!:yikes:

WJGreer
10-05-2011, 07:11 AM
I bet it looks even better in person. Titanium Silver has a depth that doesn't come through in photographs. It's the best silver available from any car maker, IMO.

RocX6
10-12-2011, 04:09 PM

Whoa, that's nuts!! Curious why you didn't opt for another 6 since there were just a handful with this issue. Dealer unwilling to work something out?

TXSTYLE
10-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Worth the wait?

castercorey
10-18-2011, 12:19 PM

Damm is that what the car brings?:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

car-fan
10-18-2011, 12:50 PM

Can fit the top to the 6 vert back there:D