PDA

View Full Version : Best for Woodtrim

wigsplitta
06-30-2011, 10:15 PM
I have a some swirl marks on my wood grain between the shift knob, what will be the best product to shine the grain and get out swirls

TOGWT
07-01-2011, 03:30 AM
The ‘wood’ trim in most vehicles (some Aston Martin, BMW, Jaguar, Lexus and Mercedes Benz models use real wood) which is protected with a urethane clear coat, polyurethane or a thin lacquer, which is very easily scratched.

• Clean with a chemical cleaner (Klasse All-In-One or Zaino Z-AIO) and then buff with a clean micro fibre towel
• Remove scratches with a fine polish (Menzerna PO85RDor 3M Plastic Polish and Cleaner)
• Maintenance- use an anti-static plastic cleaner (Iz einszett Cockpit Premium) which includes UV protection, alternate by using a clean damp micro fibre towel

Ilovemycar
07-01-2011, 02:12 PM
TOGWT, thanks for your input as always. May I ask what you think of PlastX for this application? (I already have some, hence the question.)

TOGWT
07-02-2011, 02:09 AM
I've never used PlastX, from what I understand its not a very abrasaive product, so it can't harm the finish. Try it and report back to us...

wigsplitta
07-02-2011, 08:19 AM
Thanks guys

Ilovemycar
07-02-2011, 01:38 PM
I've never used PlastX, from what I understand its not a very abrasaive product, so it can't harm the finish. Try it and report back to us...

Thanks, and I will, one day.