PDA

View Full Version : DVD Player Option for X3?

ultramet
03-15-2004, 04:55 PM
I am purchasing the 2.5 L X3 (mainly because the 2.5 L had adequate pickup and let me add more options). Anyway, the sales advisor told me that a DVD player will be an available option in the months to come. The screens will be on the rear headrests and the device will be situated in a compartment in the left of the rear cargo area. I was told that if the option is not available by the time my car is ready (about 11 weeks), the DVD player will be "retrofittable" to the vehicle. Has anyone else heard about this option? Any info on the actual U.S. release of this option? By the way, I was also told the CD changer would go in the same area as well.

psycho
03-17-2004, 07:22 PM
:p I have heard, and read in the accessories catalog, that the DVD system and the CD changer are incompatible (you have to choose one or the other).

'Cane
04-05-2004, 12:17 PM
Best Buy (www.bestbuy.com) has a system made by Epik, that replaces the stock headressts. The X3 system is not yet available (they have it for the 3 and X5), but it comes with 2 headrests with 7" lcd monitors, 2 wireless headsets, and the DVD player for around $1400, including free shipping. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

sfca-325i
04-22-2004, 12:31 PM
Just picked up the accessory catalog and it's $775 for the DVD player and $1220 for the pair of headrest monitors (4 different part numbers for the different interior colors).