PDA

View Full Version : Want to upgrade!

vision4u3
03-16-2004, 04:42 PM
I am looking to upgrade to the SAV world....I have some questions/conserns about the X5.
I am considering the 3.0X5 with premium package, xenon lights auto tranny.
Please offer comments/thoughts on the following:

1. Finance or lease?
2. I have read about alot of problems...most on this site with the X5 ranging from battery problems, locks, radio etc. However it sems that most if not all are from people with the 2001-2002 X5s...Is there the same frequency and type of problems with the newer 2003-2004 models????
3. I live in NYC....anyone out there have any recommendations of a good dealer??? I have already been to Life & Quality BMW.
Thanks!

Emission
03-16-2004, 04:59 PM
Our '03 X5 (with 16,450 on the clock) has been FLAWLESS - it sounds exactly like the one you are looking at. My wife and I love it.

We leased ours and will most likely lease another in 2 years when we are done with this one.

It is the best overall vehicle we have ever owned. Period.

harplayr
03-16-2004, 06:11 PM
Don't be too afraid about reports of problems on this or other boards. It's just human nature to seek answers when a problem occures. Very few people will bother to post that the car started up and ran fine today :).

The BMW X5 is a great car, and the vast majority of owners have few if any problems with it and are very happy with their purchase. This is one reason that BMW has one of the best re-sale values and customer loyality numbers in the industry. I have so much confidence in BMW that I just purchased a "first run" X3. So far there are absolutly no problems. If they can get it rite on their first try with the X3, you can rest assured that just about all the bugs have been worked out in the more mature X5.

Take it out for an extended test drive, and if you like the way it drives don't hesitate to buy it.

AndDown
03-16-2004, 09:11 PM
I have a 2001 X5 3.0 and it has been essentially trouble-free (had to have the aux fan replaced twice under recall program). Some minor rattles but I've been able to take care of them thanks to members of this board.

As for leasing vs financing, here's an excellent site: http://www.leaseguide.com/index2.htm

ctnyc
03-17-2004, 05:27 AM
Good Choice!

I recently purchased the 4.4 and am completely satisfied with it. Make sure you test drive the 4.4 too. I found the difference to be huge over the 3.0. Since you are going for the premium package and auto options on the 3.0, take into consideration that auto tranny, leather seats, xenons, etc. come standard on the 4.4. The price difference is not as wide between the two when you consider this and in my opinion is absolutely worth it for the 4.4's sweet sweet engine.

I also considered leasing but opted for Financing after having considered the high resale value on the X5. I was concerned that the 2006 model will have completely different styling. (Can Anyone confirm this???). I hope its not too drastic. 2004 had some minor styling changes in first 1/3 of the car, and I believe that the panaramic roof is now available (I think I missed it by one month production).

lo7100
03-17-2004, 08:04 AM
I bought mine from Life and Quality. They may not have the best price and I like the purchase experience.

Tominizer
03-17-2004, 11:49 AM
The BMW X5 is a great car

Huh?!?! I thought the X5 was an off road SUV !?!?! :eeps:

harplayr
03-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Huh?!?! I thought the X5 was an off road SUV !?!?! :eeps:

yup :tsk:

If you want to be correct ..... the X5 is actually an SAV.

vision4u3
03-19-2004, 01:24 PM
I am looking to upgrade to the SAV world....I have some questions/conserns about the X5.
I am considering the 3.0X5 with premium package, xenon lights auto tranny.
Please offer comments/thoughts on the following:

1. Finance or lease?
2. I have read about alot of problems...most on this site with the X5 ranging from battery problems, locks, radio etc. However it sems that most if not all are from people with the 2001-2002 X5s...Is there the same frequency and type of problems with the newer 2003-2004 models????
3. I live in NYC....anyone out there have any recommendations of a good dealer??? I have already been to Life & Quality BMW.
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the info....I must now go to crunch numbers and figure out the best deal!!!!