PDA

View Full Version : Coin car wash questions

zSHARPz
07-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I have a local coin car wash where you was the car yourself using a pad that has 10 options (rinse,spotfree rinse, wax, tire, etc) and was wondering if that was sufficent for cleaning my car (335i coupe alpine white). They have a brush that foams as well.
Also, does anyone have recommpndations for the following so I can purchase them at a local autoZone? 1. Leather cleaner ( I have the white oyster interior)
2. Drying towels

TOGWT
07-10-2011, 03:10 AM
If you want to maintain a swirl free paint surface you should learn how to do a 'two-bucket' wash.

As for leather care (cleaning and protection) do a search there are lots of posts on this subject

zkeeper
07-10-2011, 03:43 PM
Yup on the two bucket method, and I use a good microfiber with sponge inside and its been great. I actually think I got a year or so ago from Wal-Mart; BTW, I am very careful what touches this Bim and this little tool has been great. I also like the ones from Griots Garage; large, well made and soft. But everyone has their preferences.

On the leathers, I use Griots interior cleaner, and or Sonax. Works great, but then my leather is conditioned a lot, often and does not have the time to build up a lot of grime. Thats really the key on all this cleaning and maintaining. Once clean, feed that leather a lot and condition it often. ;)