PDA

View Full Version : Dried wax on plastic trim

brettnyc
07-09-2011, 01:23 PM
What is the best way to remove dried wax on textures plastic trim?

Thanks,
Brett

Bill-SD
07-09-2011, 01:55 PM
I've read over the years but never tried, that peanut butter will take it off. Sounds funny but people used to swear by it. BTW - the better waxes won't stain the plastic trim.

brettnyc
07-09-2011, 10:17 PM
What are some of the better waxes? I was using blackfire sealant with mothers pure carnuba on top.

Bill-SD
07-09-2011, 10:32 PM
What are some of the better waxes? I was using blackfire sealant with mothers pure carnuba on top.

I haven't used those, but I believe them to be quality products. I don't use wax often anymore (pretty much stick with Zaino). I Have both Pinnacle Souveran and P21S that I do still use occasionally. Neither of those stain my trim. I'm sure there are lots of other waxes that other folks can recommend as well.

csmeance
07-10-2011, 12:43 AM

BlackFire Wet Diamond is a great sealant that's pretty cheap. Also Zaino waxes are VERY good and not that badly priced as far as lasting a long time. I put a few coats of Zaino on one of my cars back in early 2006 and it was still beading VERY well up until mid 2008 on a car that was driven close to 30K miles in those years.

dboy11
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
WD 40 in some cases used with a tooth brush, or Poorboys World Trim Restore will for sure

Munich77
07-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Great waxes - why are you topping BFWD - it gives such a natural canuba look and is pretty durable.

dboy11
07-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Great waxes - why are you topping BFWD - it gives such a natural canuba look and is pretty durable.

Topping off a seal with a good paste wax will add depth to the paint. That's my .02 and I do it all the time.

George Allan
07-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Use Meguar's ULTIMATE Liquid wax on the whole car. It clears all that mess on plastic best that I ever tried, have to work at it a little though. It seems to be a very advanced product.

Don't waste time and money on peanut butter .

George Allan

brettnyc
07-11-2011, 09:56 AM
i put the carnuba on top of blackfire because it looks better and adds another layer of protection.

Are you suggesting that i put meguiars liquid wax on the plastic trim???? that doesn't sound right.