PDA

View Full Version : Moved? Moved??

Thertorch
03-17-2004, 01:44 PM
Ok, it's a general BMW forum, but a discussion of vehicles that compete directly with the worlds finest certainly shouldn't be relegated to the "What color is your lucky underwear?" threads.

I want my CT(s)V !!

tim330i
03-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Why? If someone comes to read about BMWs they shouldn't have to discuss those lesser vehicles.

General BMW means General BMW. If a thread was an comparison of XYZ to a BMW that is acceptable but just raw facts on XYZ doesn't have any more merit than lucky underwear and certainly no more of my interest. If I want facts on the new hotness from some other car company I can find that on CarPoint or the like.

Tim

Thertorch
03-17-2004, 04:39 PM
Why? If someone comes to read about BMWs they shouldn't have to discuss those lesser vehicles.

General BMW means General BMW. If a thread was an comparison of XYZ to a BMW that is acceptable but just raw facts on XYZ doesn't have any more merit than lucky underwear and certainly no more of my interest. If I want facts on the new hotness from some other car company I can find that on CarPoint or the like.

Tim

Omg. They shouldnt have to discuss those lesser vehicles?? Well, with 3500 hits and 140+ responses, it seems like they want to.

Lesser vehicles, let me guess. Your the one who posted about the great paint job on the 1 series....

But seriously, Lesser vehicles?? Do you actually think that way? Because the reason I come to this site is that kind of attitude.

:stickpoke

BTW, the Cadillac forum people were all honked off cause the moderator allowed alot of BMW folks to post their pictures on the site. Seems the moderator feels a nice car is a nice car, no matter who makes it. Makes you think.

tim330i
03-17-2004, 04:59 PM
You are the one that made me comment on the "lesser vehicles"

vehicles that compete directly with the worlds finest

World's finest means that all other vehicles would be lesser...your words not mine. It was a simply play on words anyways that you missed. There are plenty of other vehicles out there that are great...I don't think that way.

Here is 2642 views and 224 post about Britney Spears

http://forums.bimmerfest.com/showthread.php?t=22857

But that doesn't change the fact that it is OFF TOPIC. This is bimmerfest.com, BIMMER as in BMW. I am sure it will "honk you off" to know that we don't allow anything besides BMWs at bimmerfest.

As I said General BMW is about General BMW stuff. Had it been a comparison of the caddy to a BMW then that would be a different issue, but it wasn’t.

Tim

Thertorch
03-18-2004, 12:51 PM
You are the one that made me comment on the "lesser vehicles"

World's finest means that all other vehicles would be lesser...your words not mine. It was a simply play on words anyways that you missed. There are plenty of other vehicles out there that are great...I don't think that way.

Here is 2642 views and 224 post about Britney Spears

http://forums.bimmerfest.com/showthread.php?t=22857

But that doesn't change the fact that it is OFF TOPIC. This is bimmerfest.com, BIMMER as in BMW. I am sure it will "honk you off" to know that we don't allow anything besides BMWs at bimmerfest.

As I said General BMW is about General BMW stuff. Had it been a comparison of the caddy to a BMW then that would be a different issue, but it wasn’t.

Tim

Almost the entire thread is a discussion about the differences between the CTS V and the M Series cars. It does digress into peoples opinions about what constitutes an attractive vehicle and what constitutes farm machinery ( I love that line ) but mostly it stays on topic.

This thread was on the General Discussion board from late 2003 until now, why the change of heart?

And no, it doesn't honk me off, hehe, we're talking about cars, not something important.

Thertorch
03-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey, that's a 94 STS cadillac, to be precise :thumbup:

tim330i
03-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Almost the entire thread is a discussion about the differences between the CTS V and the M Series cars. It does digress into peoples opinions about what constitutes an attractive vehicle and what constitutes farm machinery ( I love that line ) but mostly it stays on topic.

This thread was on the General Discussion board from late 2003 until now, why the change of heart?

And no, it doesn't honk me off, hehe, we're talking about cars, not something important.
I only just saw the thread and felt that it should be moved, I apologize if we do not see eye to eye. Luckily the Off Topic forum on bimmerfest.com is extremely active so I do not feel that the topic will have any problems "staying alive".

In any case have a good weekend, I hope you get a chance to do something important, like get out and drive!

Regards,
Tim

JST
03-19-2004, 03:07 PM
I only just saw the thread and felt that it should be moved, I apologize if we do not see eye to eye. Luckily the Off Topic forum on bimmerfest.com is extremely active so I do not feel that the topic will have any problems "staying alive".

In any case have a good weekend, I hope you get a chance to do something important, like get out and drive!

Regards,
Tim

I agree with Thetorch. The thread started and evolved as a comparison of the Cadillac and the BMW. Obviously, people post more info about the Cadillac than the BMW, since the Cadillac is a new product and (on a BMW board) something of an unknown quantity. Everyone here knows everything there is to know about the E46 M3 and E39 M5; it's unlikely that anyone is going to come out with a bunch of new info on those.

If, in a BMW thread, I can't compare BMWs to other cars, and can only compare them to other BMWs, I'm not going to have much to talk about.

Nick325xiT 5spd
03-19-2004, 03:36 PM
Or, failing that, I wouldn't object to a General non-BMW forum.

Thertorch
03-19-2004, 04:55 PM
Or, failing that, I wouldn't object to a General non-BMW forum.

Yep, that's it! Off topic, while well read, isn't Car topic.

The posts that I have read on the BMW forums demonstrate that there are alot of intelligent people with great insights about different autos. Look at the "what car would you buy if..." threads. People who like BMW's like/love great autos, that's why they drive BMW"s. Comparisons between them and other make's are fun and informative.

That's really my point, put much more succinctly by Nick :thumbup:

tim330i
03-24-2004, 01:40 PM
I am not in favor of yet another forum but we are taking it into consideration.

My apologizes for moving the Caddy thread, while I still hold that it is best in the OT it could go either way.

Tim