PDA

View Full Version : Exterior DIY

Linc's5
07-28-2011, 09:41 AM
E60 Black Saphire, basically been detailed professionally once a year for 4 year. Now I want to DIY this process. I have seen post about sealants, clays and scratch/ding/blog removal...and all good. What I want to know is STEPS and PRODUCTS. including where to buy. My 5 series needs an exterior overhaul. Clay, Polish and scratch/road ding repair. Thanks !;)

Munich77
07-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Have a look at the following car detailing forums for product idea: autopia.org and autogeekonline.net.

Autogeek has a great online store that should have everything you will need.

zkeeper
07-29-2011, 04:43 PM
Yup, got to www.autogeek.com. It has more helps, videos, and advice that you can use. It fact you will be overwhelmed. Start with the vids, and go thru them. They often use different products to demo and one could say, well which one? They will all be very good and everyone has their favorites like pizza or cars for that matter. You will want to get basics down, two bucket washes, good clay [Griots, Megs, Mothers all make great kits] and some are available at WalMart etc. Then either a good sealant, or waxes..and makes decisions whether its by hand or orbital. It just gets bigger and bigger the more you get into it, and its addictive...enjoy it tho...makes you and the car worth more. :thumbup:

POof540i
07-29-2011, 06:34 PM
For what steps, here's a helpful guide. For what products to use, the choices are almost overwhelming.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc256/01540i/flowchart.jpg