PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Daio... lookin for info and sun!

LilEccentricJ
01-01-2002, 05:13 PM
OK, first time Zaino application here and tomorrow is the day assuming clear sunny weather... prolly will be so.

Now I have 1, 2, 6, 18 and concentrate and plan the following:

Wake up, wash at Mr. Bubbles with Palmolive, rinse with spot-free rinse and drive the 2/10 home and dry.

Skip claybar 18 since I did that already when I got the car back from repair.

Apply 1 and wait a little while,

apply 2 and let dry maybe 1-2 hours,

apply 6, wait an hour and another application of 2,

wait 2 hours and wipe it all of, adding 6 once again.

Does this sound reasonable? Should I use the random orbital and if so, on what step? (application or removal)

Also, in FL we have bugs like mad that stick to the front bumper, is it ok to put Zymol over Zaino? I have found no product better than Zymol to prevent the adhesion on bugs! Maybe Zaino works as well, I just don't know.

Any other tips or tricks I should know?

TIA :)

alee
01-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Apply 1 and wait a little while,

No need to wait after Z1. Go straight to Z2.

apply 2 and let dry maybe 1-2 hours,

Apply Z2 directly over Z1. After drying, buff it off.

apply 6, wait an hour and another application of 2,

After buffing off Z2, apply Z6 which is basically a quick detailer. Z6 is spray on, wipe off.

Basically, Z1, Z2, dry, buff off, Z6. I wouldn't put anything over Zaino. You'll be pleased with how well Zaino helps prevent bugs from sticking.

-Al

LilEccentricJ
01-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Thanx alee!

Can I assume "buff off" means use the random orbital or is there no need of it?

alee
01-01-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ
Can I assume "buff off" means use the random orbital or is there no need of it? [/B]

Do it by hand. Zaino comes off very easy... a gentle wipe with your finger will take it off when it's dry. Use a regular cotton towel, and it'll all come off quickly.

Here's all my Zaino tips...
http://bimmer.roadfly.org/3series/messages/archive/msgsy2001w24/52763.html

-Al

LilEccentricJ
01-01-2002, 06:03 PM
GREAT write-up and thanx for the info!

Edge/330ci
01-01-2002, 06:23 PM
I'm in FL also, and Zaino prevents splattered bug adhesion just fine.

You might want to keep a couple 100% cotton towels and a some Z6 in your trunk so you can wipe the bugs off as soon as you reach your destination. I'll definately be doing that during love bug season.

LilEccentricJ
01-01-2002, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Edge/330ci
I'm in FL also, and Zaino prevents splattered bug adhesion just fine.

You might want to keep a couple 100% cotton towels and a some Z6 in your trunk so you can wipe the bugs off as soon as you reach your destination. I'll definately be doing that during love bug season.

Thanx Edge
Tell me about "love bug" season... I hate that and it is prolly a little worse up your way. So would you say the Z6 is like Final Inspection?

ashecnc
01-01-2002, 06:50 PM
All of you need to move here where its 15 degrees or anywhere where no sign of bug life exists. It's great! http://www.clicksmilies.com/sammlung/lachen/lachen006.gif

LilEccentricJ
01-02-2002, 08:38 AM
Well it's not going to be today... RAIN! in FL! Can you believe it? News says till Friday :(

Local News (http://www.gopbi.com)

GTI
01-03-2002, 12:50 PM
Another note.
If you don't have ZFX you should wait at least 8 hours before you put on another coat of Z2 after you buff off your last coat. This allows the Z polymer to crosslink.

If you get the ZFX you don't really need Z1. Just mix ZFX with Z2 and you can layer the mixture one coat after the other without waiting.

Patrick
01-21-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by LilEccentricJ
OK, first time Zaino application here and tomorrow is the day assuming clear sunny weather... prolly will be so.

I can't get ZAINO up here but I can place an order through a BMW friend back in Seattle. So one question (assuming that I follow all of Al's steps): how much does all of this cost?

That does not include the monthly salary that I have to pay myself to "wax on" and "wax off".

Just curious!

Patrick

GTI
01-21-2002, 03:51 PM
http://www.zainobros.com/files/order.htm

Get Z2/ZFX/Z6/Z7. This will last you 15 coats of Z2 at least if you do it right. Compare the effort/results I would call Zaino a bargain products!!