PDA

View Full Version : X1s in Woodcliff Lakes, NJ

WULFFZA
08-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Snapped the following pics at the BMW headquarters today. Just standing out in the open lots.
All were badged 28i with twin tailpipes, so most likely have the N20 engine. The silver one was obviously an early prototype, taillights mismatched, various warning stickers on the dash etc.

The brown ones were top level spec and looked great in person. They look spacious and if they are priced between the 1 series and 3 series I think they will sell like hotcakes. It doesnt look much smaller than an X3 and interior volume I would bet is more than a 5series. Interior trim looked well put together and a good grain, though sitting in one earlier this year in SA I can confirm that the plastics are harder than 3series or 5series, probably on a par with 1series. Overall a great little package.

AzNMpower32
08-07-2011, 07:08 AM
Considering that the X1 has been on sale in Canada for a few months, X1s aren't totally out of the question at the BMW NA HQ.

UncleJ
08-07-2011, 08:12 AM
Are the X1's built here or in the Magna plant?:dunno:

WULFFZA
08-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Considering that the X1 has been on sale in Canada for a few months, X1s aren't totally out of the question at the BMW NA HQ.

Agreed, and in other countries for quite a while now, why such a delay in US release?

AzNMpower32
08-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Are the X1's built here or in the Magna plant?:dunno:
Leipzig, DE alongside the 1er.

Magna only builds the Mini Countryman, no BMW branded vehicles.

HoTiCE_
08-08-2011, 07:07 AM
Agreed, and in other countries for quite a while now, why such a delay in US release?

No official confirmation from BMW HQ in Germany but amongst the reasons posted in the blogosphere:

-Heavy X1 demand in rest of the world has yielded limited extra capacity at their Leipzig, Germany plant. THey are selling like hotcakes in Canada.

-New X3 model in US - They don't want to cannibalize their own sales...

Reedo302
08-08-2011, 02:43 PM
36mpg Hwy
23mpg City
27mpg Combined

16.6gal tank
Range of 381-597miles per tank.

Not bad numbers for the N20. I really like those numbers, and that may be a great incentive for me to buy one if they don't bring the "d" models.