PDA

View Full Version : Rain Sensor in X1

vispatel
08-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Hi guys, I just bought new BMW X1 20d sDrive Corporate model. Car is very good in driving and comfort. At time of my booking of car BMW was providing rain sensor as standard accessory for my car now I haven't received it in my car when it is delivered after one month of booking.

Company is telling me that they discontinued it in this model and they are offering me 1 free service for compensation, I feel cheated by BMW and want rain sensor to be fitted in my car. BMW is saying that it is not possible to retro fit rain sensor in car, Is it true? what should I do?

bmw_n00b13
08-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Retrofitting may be impossible, but it is more likely that it is very difficult. Retrofitting in my car would cost ~$1000 (new windshield, rain sensor, wiring, programming, new washer control stalk, labour)
They are offering $150 in exchange? Hmm.

vispatel
08-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Man I am thinking about legal course of action here I will not let them go free from this cheating. What you guys think about this?

TerraPhantm
08-10-2011, 01:01 PM
I've noticed the pre-productoin models are often rather... strange. The pre-production 1-series M that was floating through autoshows and whatnot was also missing the rain sensor, and had manual climate control instead of the auto climate control

vispatel
08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Man here is case of pure cheating by BMW. I have post production model and instead of adding something they removed something i.e. rain sensor, which they promised in car.

sunstorm
08-14-2011, 07:06 PM
R/S is came with my X1,,,Unknow the new model..

Evlengr
08-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Man here is case of pure cheating by BMW. I have post production model and instead of adding something they removed something i.e. rain sensor, which they promised in car.

If it was on original prodution order and you have it in writing I agree. That is cheating.

Do you plan on keeping the car more than its normal warranty? I would ask them to throw in extended service or at least something in the 1k range. Better sound system, better wheels, etc...

Anything less is a rip off