PDA

View Full Version : 7 hours later....

bkmk5
08-07-2011, 05:46 PM
So I used all Chemical guys products as I recently got a kit for my Birthday a couple weeks ago. As much hype as the products get, they are pretty nice and easy to work with. JetSeal 109 was very smooth to put on and the Butter Wet Wax was just as easy and didn't cause any dust or anything while buffing out either.

It took me 7 hours to wash, clay, glaze, seal and wax the car! 2 days later and I'm still paying for it!

I would highly recommend their products! I actually just ordered more from Chemical guys on Friday. I bought the window cleaner, Sticky citrus gel, V7 detailing spray and the Black light wax in addition to 3-16oz bottles and the raccoon brush to help clean the ZCP wheels.

KAP8
08-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Nice job. It looks fantastic!

POof540i
08-08-2011, 07:08 AM
Beautiful car! :thumbup: CG do make good products and it seems you have everything you need to keep it looking great for years to come.

If I could make a suggestion, if you don't already have grit guards, look into picking some up with your next order. They keep "grit" at the bottom of the bucket, keeping your mitt cleaner, thus minimizing washing induced swirls.

PaceBMW of Mamaroneck
08-08-2011, 07:15 AM
wow all the hard work definitely paid off :thumbup:

bkmk5
08-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Beautiful car! :thumbup: CG do make good products and it seems you have everything you need to keep it looking great for years to come.

If I could make a suggestion, if you don't already have grit guards, look into picking some up with your next order. They keep "grit" at the bottom of the bucket, keeping your mitt cleaner, thus minimizing washing induced swirls.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Yeah I have a grit guard with the bucket that came with the kit. I only use 1 bucket. I use a foam canon and then wash the mitt in a bucket.

jfs356
08-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Looks like you put the time in, the car definitely has the wet-look. Nice job!

BadboyzTn
08-08-2011, 01:49 PM
I use mainly CG products as well. You should try out the CG Wet Mirror Finish in place of the EZ Creme glaze. I'm not sure if it has the fillers of a glaze, but it leaves a super slick finish and awesome shine. Which shampoo do you use?

Munich77
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
That looks stunning. Was that done all by hand? I love CG products - especially their glazes.

bkmk5
08-08-2011, 05:31 PM
I use mainly CG products as well. You should try out the CG Wet Mirror Finish in place of the EZ Creme glaze. I'm not sure if it has the fillers of a glaze, but it leaves a super slick finish and awesome shine. Which shampoo do you use?
I'll have to give it a shot. I'll put it on my list of things I want to buy from them. I have half a container left of Meguiar's Gold Car shampoo in my foam canon but I also just got the Citrus wash from CG as well. So I'll be more than set for a while.

After I got the starter kit 3 weeks ago I ended up adding a few more products to my already extensive collection. Just ordered the Sticky wheel Gel cleaner, window cleaner, Hybrid H7 spray wax and the raccoon brush as well. As a July special I am getting the Black Light wax as well.

That looks stunning. Was that done all by hand? I love CG products - especially their glazes.

All done by hand! Its Monday night and I'm still exhausted! I'm too nervous to use a PC.

POof540i
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
I'll have to give it a shot. I'll put it on my list of things I want to buy from them. I have half a container left of Meguiar's Gold Car shampoo in my foam canon but I also just got the Citrus wash from CG as well. So I'll be more than set for a while.

After I got the starter kit 3 weeks ago I ended up adding a few more products to my already extensive collection. Just ordered the Sticky wheel Gel cleaner, window cleaner, Hybrid H7 spray wax and the raccoon brush as well. As a July special I am getting the Black Light wax as well.

The sticky wheel gel cleaner is good stuff. I dilute 4:1 and that's plenty strong enough to remove most brake dust. However, since my wheels are well maintained, I only use it when I want to deep clean the wheels (about 2x a year). Any other time would be overkill, IMO. I just use the same soapy water I use for the rest of the car.

All done by hand! Its Monday night and I'm still exhausted! I'm too nervous to use a PC.

PC's are puppies. If you consider yourself a handy person, then you should have zero trouble using a PC. And you can achiever much greater results over hand polishing.

Ilovemycar
08-08-2011, 10:06 PM

Just in case- you do realize that the CG is one of the most popular washes for . . . stripping your wax off? If the dilution is mild enough, you may be perfectly fine, depending on which wax and/or sealant is on there. IOW, it's a wash you would use before machine polishing. For "LSP friendly" washes, I really like the Optimum as do many others. I also have a half gal of Megs GC, and I will probably give it away, TBH.

It's understandable, but maybe I can help. The PC is either the weakest or perhaps tied for weakest of all D/A's out there. If you put on a gold, red, blue, or black pad, put it at a relatively low speed, you could turn it on and put it directly on your hand. Your hand wouldn't hurt, wouldn't burn- heck it probably won't even get warm! Unless you pressed firmly and for a while, maybe I suppose.

So I guess I'm saying you can apply your sealant (and wax, depending) with a PC. That's what I do. You get familiarized, get over your fears, and then try a finishing polish one day.

A rotary with a wool pad, heck I'd be nervous too! I have a Flex DA in addition to the PC, and it has higher orbital speed by the thousands, with a waaaay bigger orbit size of 8mm, and I don't get nervous with it; I'm thankful for the effort it saves me.

Go for it man, you will be fine. Prime the pad with the product, use multiple pads, keep it flush to the paint, and you will be executing the biggest difference maker as far as looks. As far as protection, you're doing perfectly fine, but for looks . . .

Anyway, congrats on the effort, and nice car!

BadboyzTn
08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=bkmk5;6242665]I'll have to give it a shot. I'll put it on my list of things I want to buy from them. I have half a container left of Meguiar's Gold Car shampoo in my foam canon but I also just got the Citrus wash from CG as well. So I'll be more than set for a while.

Last week I ordered the Maxi Suds II and I'm coming from the Optimum and I think it provides just as much lubricity and the smell is Awesome. I like both washes though, but since I mainly order from CG I will stick with the Maxi Suds.

chet31
08-16-2011, 11:38 PM

Just to be a nay-sayer, I own both of these products and neither work for me. I did half my hood in Wet Mirror Finish, and half my hood in nothing, no wax, no glaze, no sealant - and the side w/ the Mirror Glaze looked the same as the side w/ nothing. Also, if you read the literature on Mirror Finish, not even CG will say if it's a glaze or a sealant. It seems to me to be a sealant. Anyway, just providing a contrarian opinion, the Mirror Finish doesn't deliver. If you want a bottle that is 19/20 full, PM me and make me an offer.

BadboyzTn
08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
Just to be a nay-sayer, I own both of these products and neither work for me. I did half my hood in Wet Mirror Finish, and half my hood in nothing, no wax, no glaze, no sealant - and the side w/ the Mirror Glaze looked the same as the side w/ nothing. Also, if you read the literature on Mirror Finish, not even CG will say if it's a glaze or a sealant. It seems to me to be a sealant. Anyway, just providing a contrarian opinion, the Mirror Finish doesn't deliver. If you want a bottle that is 19/20 full, PM me and make me an offer.

Yeah I read the literature and I know it's neither a sealant or glaze. Just my experience with the product, I would definitely recommend it to others. Just my .02

Bill-SD
08-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I've been using CG Maxi-Suds for a few year now and highly recommend it.

Your car looks great BTW!