PDA

View Full Version : Detailer in Atlanta.

Czech007
09-05-2011, 01:23 PM
I need to find a good Detailer in Atlanta area.

What should I expect to pay?
Ext, Int & engine bay

Thank you in advance :thumbup:

Bob

Ilovemycar
09-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Cost is dependent on location, as well as the work desired/needed. A single pass of AIO is a lot easier than a 4 step correction for instance.

Try this guy; these are jobs he's posted here:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/search.php?searchid=15641698

Other recs I tracked down for you from a detailing forum include:
Executive Detail East (I've read some of his posts too)
Peachstate Detailing
Mirror Detailing

Czech007
09-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the info; the link posted doesn't work.

Bob

mikenap
09-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Bryan Burnworth of Peachstate Detailing is one of the best known and most respected detailers in the nation. Autoweek rated him one of the top 9 in the nation.

Ilovemycar
09-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the info; the link posted doesn't work.

Bob

You're right- darn it, it worked before, and sorry.

His handle is gmblack3. He has posted many, many of his jobs here, check him out.

mikenap
09-05-2011, 09:54 PM
You're right- darn it, it worked before, and sorry.

His handle is gmblack3. He has posted many, many of his jobs here, check him out.

gmblack3 = Bryan Burnworth = Peachstate Detail

We're talking about the same person.

Ilovemycar
09-05-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks mikenap. I actually did wonder about that, but didn't follow through.

It's a good thing you clarified, otherwise Bryan might wonder why the heck the OP asks him twice about the servies- he might have suspected Alzheimer's or something!

mikenap
09-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Thanks mikenap. I actually did wonder about that, but didn't follow through.

It's a good thing you clarified, otherwise Bryan might wonder why the heck the OP asks him twice about the servies- he might have suspected Alzheimer's or something!

When you put it like that, I shouldn't have said anything. That might have been kinda funny!:rofl:

dboy11
09-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Bryan Burnworth of Peachstate Detailing is one of the best known and most respected detailers in the nation. Autoweek rated him one of the top 9 in the nation.

I'm interested as to how they (autoweek) arrived at these top nine detailers as the best in the nation?

Czech007
09-06-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys, I looked at Brian's website. I may need something bit cheaper...:(

My car is prety clean, I just need some good engine detail and ext. and interior detail.

I have 03 525i w/63k miles so spending $600 on detailing job is not very wise... There is a BIMMER store in Atlanta that offers this pkg for $249 and they work on some very high end cars.

Bob

Mirror D
09-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks guys, I looked at Brian's website. I may need something bit cheaper...:(

My car is prety clean, I just need some good engine detail and ext. and interior detail.

I have 03 525i w/63k miles so spending $600 on detailing job is not very wise... There is a BIMMER store in Atlanta that offers this pkg for $249 and they work on some very high end cars.

Bob

Yeah, I did not want to say anything, but with the title and his work, he does change a good amount. Like they say..."You have to pay to play."

Now you still have no said what you are wanting exterior and interior wise? Bryans $600 package is a 2-Step, so I assume you are wanting upwards of 95-100% correction of the scratches/swirls on the paint? It would help a lot more with pricing if you could explain more of what you are looking for.

Also dont trust a store, just becuase they do high end cars. Cactus Car Wash in Buckhead does "high end cars" all day long...doesnt mean they do them correctly, which they dont.

Czech007
09-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Yes, I think this is what I need:

1) Engine bay detail
2) Exerior: Wash/Clay/Wax or Wash/Clay/1-Step/Wax (not sure what I need)
3) Interior:leather seats clean and conditioned, carpets and floormats shampooed and the interior panels scrubbed and dressed.

I never done it before, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

Here are some pics, engine is kind of filthy and interior could use a lift. Exterior looks good, I think..

Bob

TOGWT
09-07-2011, 05:13 AM
I'm interested as to how they (autoweek) arrived at these top nine detailers as the best in the nation?

I'm not sure either, but Bryan Burnworth is a first class detailer, so whatever the criteria I agree with them on his selection

dboy11
09-07-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm not sure either, but Bryan Burnworth is a first class detailer, so whatever the criteria I agree with them on his selection

I'm not disputing his abilities as a detailer. I'm wondering how they (autoweek) arrived at the top detailers in the country? Its a pretty big statement to make considering how many detailers there are in the US, pro's and novices a like.:D

gmblack3
09-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind words! :thumbup:

Yes, I think this is what I need:

1) Engine bay detail
2) Exerior: Wash/Clay/Wax or Wash/Clay/1-Step/Wax (not sure what I need)
3) Interior:leather seats clean and conditioned, carpets and floormats shampooed and the interior panels scrubbed and dressed.

I never done it before, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question.

Here are some pics, engine is kind of filthy and interior could use a lift. Exterior looks good, I think..

Bob

Bob, The pricing level you referred to is a starting point for a 2-3 step exterior correction. That involves at least 12 hours and usually consumes anywhere from 15-30 man hours.

I also offer a level 1 exterior detail as noted on my site, which starts for less.

Please PM me if I can help you any further with pricing.

I apologize for not seeing this thread sooner, I've been very busy over the summer.

Here are a few BMWs for your viewing pleasure.

New Alpina B7, just a one step via Zaino AIO and some Z2/Z8. the "other car" received the same treatment. :)

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2141/p1020313f.jpg

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1364/p1020289j.jpg

This 2010 335 had deep water spot etching on all of the horizontal surfaces. It got wet sanded with via air sanders (3/6") with 2000 mirka abralon discs. Polished out with M105 and M205.

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6644/p1020369c.jpg

I hope one day to have some time to do full write-ups again.