09-24-2011, 09:10 PM
Ordered a 2012 550i X-drive today for ED today. Pickup Dec 23rd.:D

Dark Graphite, Black dakota leather, Ash grain wood trim

ZVP, ZCV, ZCW, ZSP, ZLS, HUD.

Congrats! Xmas in Europe, sounds like an awesome time! :thumbup:

iwantone
09-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Congrats! Xmas in Europe, sounds like an awesome time! :thumbup:

Thank you very much...If I hadn't seen your post on the deal, I would be driving a 535xi GT for the next 3 years and paying the price of a 550xi GT. In fact my payment is now $650/ month compared to the earlier $701. This is a savings of over $1800 in the next 3 years..Thanks.

Wardman
09-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Congrats as well and thanks for all the input. Christmas will be fun!

I'm sticking 535GT (it's actually in transit now) and got my price down lower by 13%. Under $350 a month - I'll make up the savings in less insurance and gas as you blow by me :D

FYI - 550 would have been about 27 less per month. Much more if I could have done ED, but not an option as discussed.

Wardman.

iwantone
09-25-2011, 09:02 AM
Congrats as well and thanks for all the input. Christmas will be fun!

I'm sticking 535GT (it's actually in transit now) and got my price down lower by 13%. Under $350 a month - I'll make up the savings in less insurance and gas as you blow by me :D

FYI - 550 would have been about 27 less per month. Much more if I could have done ED, but not an option as discussed.

Wardman.

Congratulations...enjoy the ride..I have about 3 months to ED and 2 after...considering PCD:rolleyes:

Wardman
09-25-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm sure you looked, but any fully loaded 550ix's in the US you could pick up sooner in your color?

a flight to CA for example for the right price (same price) could be worth it. I cannot find at x-drives in my searches.

iwantone
09-25-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm sure you looked, but any fully loaded 550ix's in the US you could pick up sooner in your color?

a flight to CA for example for the right price (same price) could be worth it. I cannot find at x-drives in my searches.

Well, am actually looking forward to the ED/ PCD experience...nothing we can do about the wait..:dunno:

Wardman
09-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Yes - awesome over there. Hit the Swiss Alps if you get a chance and like to ski (Grindenwald is awesome)!

I told my wife - next time we're going!

iwantone
09-27-2011, 08:29 AM
Got my production number today....

Capobranco
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Congrats!

Great choices - a very nice car! :thumbup:

Welcome to the brotherhood :beerchug:

iwantone
09-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Congrats!

Great choices - a very nice car! :thumbup:

Welcome to the brotherhood :beerchug:

Thank you very much..online status says "Order documented":)

jadnashuanh
09-27-2011, 05:15 PM
My experience with the status page for ED at BMWUSA is, it was really slow to be updated verses the info the dealer got. At least a few days, and as much as a week behind the status available from your sales associate. This was from earlier this year, so I do not know if it is any better or worse now. On mine, it never did show it getting to SC for delivery...still said it was in NJ after I picked it up and drove home.

kashrahman
09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
congrats!!! you will love ED/PCD!!! We did both for our GT and had an awesome experience!! Spent 8 hours at the Welt, and loved the driving experience during our PCD! Definitely do both if you can! Kash

car-fan
09-27-2011, 06:41 PM

Congrats! :thumbup::thumbup:

iwantone
09-27-2011, 07:57 PM
congrats!!! you will love ED/PCD!!! We did both for our GT and had an awesome experience!! Spent 8 hours at the Welt, and loved the driving experience during our PCD! Definitely do both if you can! Kash

Thanks.. I did read your ED and PCD experiences...helped me decide...:)

1STBimmer
09-28-2011, 01:04 AM

Don't trust the website too much, just pester your CA asking for the build status :rofl:

Btw I saw your other thread askign about the color. you can probably make changes in the next few weeks. In my experience you can make changes up until 5/6 weeks before your ED so you have a week or two to decide which color. (My car started production 4 weeks before ED - My CA asked me 5 weeks before if I had any changes - hmmm, yes let's change the car!)

Btw, there's someone on the ED forum that has a DSB GT on his sig. I'll post if I can find it.

iwantone
09-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Don't trust the website too much, just pester your CA asking for the build status :rofl:

Btw I saw your other thread askign about the color. you can probably make changes in the next few weeks. In my experience you can make changes up until 5/6 weeks before your ED so you have a week or two to decide which color. (My car started production 4 weeks before ED - My CA asked me 5 weeks before if I had any changes - hmmm, yes let's change the car!)

Btw, there's someone on the ED forum that has a DSB GT on his sig. I'll post if I can find it.

Thank you very much...

I spent a few hours looking for it yesterday...is it *dima*?

1STBimmer
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
I spent a few hours looking for it yesterday...is it *dima*?

It is, but I think I was wrong, his is Imperial Blue...(very nice color, too).

iwantone
10-03-2011, 04:44 PM
Order changed.....

Wardman
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
:bigpimp:

Here's one for you, build the Dinan Stage 2 in to your lease price, it will be less expensive than buying it after market. I tried to do it for the N55, but nothing available. 500HP!!! :D

iwantone
10-03-2011, 04:50 PM
:bigpimp:

Here's one for you, build the Dinan Stage 2 in to your lease price, it will be less expensive than buying it after market. I tried to do it for the N55, but nothing available. 500HP!!! :D

I think I will have to take it easy now...i have never owned anything that comes anywhere close to this....also, i just got off the phone with my dealer and she is saying the residuals are now in the upper 40's.....i find that really hard to believe...

Wardman
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Ouch, really? Glad we locked in a few weeks ago! Maybe BMW made a mistake - good for us!

You'll love it, figure out what you really like with all the options, and 3 years from now it will be an easier process.

T-minus 16 days!

1STBimmer
10-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Well well well m-sports package/Carbon black / black leather... Excellent choice sir... :thumbup:

I asked my CA today what happened with residuals, he said they stayed the same for the xDrive at least.

iwantone
10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Well well well m-sports package/Carbon black / black leather... Excellent choice sir... :thumbup:

I asked my CA today what happened with residuals, he said they stayed the same for the xDrive at least.

You've been an inspiration..thanks..

Wardman
10-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Everytime you guys post, I get a bit of the "I want a 550 bug". Have fun with the new cars when they arrive!

Wardman

Capobranco
10-04-2011, 06:30 AM
Everytime you guys post, I get a bit of the "I want a 550 bug". Have fun with the new cars when they arrive!

Wardman

Celebrate your new 535i GT!

The six is sweet and your color comb is great!

You are going to have a lot of fun...trust me. :D